2T & 3T Lightweight Flywheels

terryo

i am looking to make a batch of light weight steel flywheels as we have a couple of "T" engines to build that need them

before i commit to making them, can someone with first-hand knowldege, please confirm these technical questions for me

[*]all versions of 2T & 3T share the same crank bolt size & pattern

[*]there are 2 clutch plate sizes 200mm for the 2TC, 3TC & 3TG and 225mm for 3TGTE

[*]all versions have the same starter ring gear diameter and location (ie , its distance from the crankshaft end)

anyone who is potentially interested, leave a message here and I'll pm you with likely prices etc, once i confirm its viable . at this stage i am planning to make the flywheel accept both clutch sizes.

many thanks, terry

Edited by terryo

Members dont see this ad

ok, based on very helpful advice so far, it seems the bigger 225mm clutch (3tGTE) wont fit inside a T50 bellhousing. I therfore need 2-3 people interested in this version before i make one to suit the bigger clutch (225mm) . Interest??????

I already need a couple of f'wheels to suit the 2T/3T GE conversions which will use a 200mm clutch. This flywheel will also accept the smaller (early) 2TC 190mm clutch size if you happen to still have this.

At this stage, these flywheels will use stock ring gear, so when it wears, it can be turned or changed. This is unlike the super-light TODA ones where the ring gear is machined into the flywheel. when it is damaged, you throw the whole lot away.

I am considering a design where it can be further lightened to suit some applications. I would aim for around 5kg to start with and go down closer to 4kg for the 'super-light"

Budget price for a light steel one in any version, will be in the $450-$475 range.