My Six Fo' Lac - 1964 Cadillac Coupe De Ville

Chobis

As some of you know I did a clearance of my classic car collection earlier in the year. Sold my '67 Mk1 Cortina I have had forever, sold my '67 Mitsubishi Colt and my little white KE10 Rolla. Also sold my drum kit, a few old skool BMX's, my lowrider show bike and a bunch of other bits and pieces in order to realise a dream I've had for a long long time.

That dream was to own a Cadillac Coupe De Ville somewhere between 1959 and 1964 inclusive. When I first heard about this car and saw pictures over 12 months ago it was still in California. One owner, owned by a 92 year old man. His next door neighbour put it on the internet to help him sell it.

It's totally original and just ticked over a genuine 50,000 miles. The condition of the car is sensational, although not perfect. Has some knicks and scrapes which is perfect in my opinion because each one of them would have a story. The chrome is in very very good condition and the interior is hard to fault. Some discoloration on the interior door pulls is pretty minor stuff.

It's got the 429 (7 litre) motor which they rolled out in '64, which is pretty handy. Even though the car is 2200kg in weight it gets going pretty quickly and loves highway cruising. For a car from 1964 it's also very well appointed. Electric windows and aerial didn't amaze me..... what amazed me was the remote control mirror, 4 way electric seat and also the climate control. Not just aircon and heating, but climate control. Set the temp you want and let it do the rest.

Have had the car 3 or 4 weeks now but hadn't got around to taking decent photo's until yesterday.

Here it is:

RC_IMG_3223.jpg

RC_IMG_3211.jpg

RC_IMG_3214.jpg

RC_IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

RC_IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Do you have any engine bay photos? keen to see what a 7L engine from 1964 looks like.

Didn't take any shots in the engine bay. Just lifting the bonnet is hard work. That's a whole lot of metal. Will get some this coming weekend and post up.

WOW! looks like its off the showroom floor

Whats the length of it? 27ft? :happy:

, you could fit sooooooooo many bodys in the boot....just saying.

It's almost 19 foot long. Reverse parallel parking is going to take some practice.

that is absolutely beautiful mate. glad to see you finally put up a ride thread! also keen on some engine bay and maybe boot pictures!

hopefully see it in the flesh one day.

cheers Tom

Yeh I would love to get some pics of it next to a KE10 so I will bring it out to a cruise some time.

Thanks for the feedback lads. I'm very happy with it and I think it will more than cover the sadness I felt when I watched my KE10 and my Mk1 Corty drive off with their new owners.

More pics shall come after the weekend.

Driving LHD takes a bit of adjustment. Plus it's a lot bigger than what I've been used to in recent years so the first few drives were interesting. Trying to keep it in my lane going down Anzac Hwy the first time I drove it was pretty funny. I was all over the road and cars behind were too scared to try to overtake me. I'm used to it now so it's all good. Still have to concentrate if jumping from driving my daily straight into the Lac though. It's funny cruising with my girl because people assume she is driving because she's on the normal drivers side.

Man... that thing looks like it's in UNBELIEVABLE condition... very sexy car.

Need to be dumped, LOL.

Some of the appointments in those old cars blow my mind too! stuff in 64 that's not standard fare yet! amazing.

I agree with old mate, doesn't matter what you paid for it, it was a bargain ;)