Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Third Coming - Blue Car

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

 

This is my new beauty that I hope survives longer than the life of all five of my

previous cars put together (not very long at all)! So it's a Tumut Blue KE70 sedan

with the regular 4A-GE engine conversion. It also features some suspension

modifications, including front coilovers, stiffer rear springs, adjustable shock

absorbers, some larger sway bars, AJPS adjustable panhard rod and also an aluminium

fuel cell in the boot, which will make it's way under the boot at a later stage.

Here's some pictures!

 

 

post-6910-0-01814000-1317728113_thumb.jpgpost-6910-0-29531500-1317728100_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-28485600-1317728047_thumb.jpgpost-6910-0-21076100-1317727972_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-54520700-1317727956_thumb.jpgpost-6910-0-98531000-1317727927_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-49237700-1317727942_thumb.jpg

 

 

I picked her up on Friday off another RC member in Canberra and eagerly drove it

home, knowing that the engine could explode any minute... 7000rpm later she's still

going okay, with the odd occasion when something non-combustible ended up in the

number-3 cylinder. I decided that it had a blown head gasket at minimum, as I was

informed of the compression being low in one of the cylinders. Oh how I was wrong!!

Going on long into the night, I removed the head off the block to discover what the

problem was.. Yes there was a blown head gasket, but there was a much bigger problem

at hand, unfortunately. "Something" fell off/into the third cylinder and caused a

whole lot of damage to the side of the bore and squish area of the head, which looks,

in my opinion, unable to be salvaged!

Pics!

 

 

post-6910-0-64783400-1317728127_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-66192200-1317728150_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-38266900-1317728168_thumb.jpg

 

 

When I was adjusting the AJPS panhard rod I noticed part of the equation to it's

super tight handling. BIG Swaybars! I've never been around race cars or heavily

modified street cars designed to handle, but I didn't expect the swaybar to hold

BOTH sides of the car up.

Pickachurrs.

 

post-6910-0-17450800-1317728001_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-96783600-1317727985_thumb.jpg

Edited by seabiscuit

Good start to whats goings to be an epic story.....

 

The engine looks pretty sad..... Just replace it, and keep the old one for spare parts.....

ah i saw this for sale. looked pretty good.

 

sad about the engine though, luckily the actual engine is the cheapest part of a 4age conversion!

 

just grab another long engine and transfer everything over i say. ever figure out what caused the damage?

20v or gze swap while you're at it maybe? Or you just gonna keep it 16v n/a?

I've used worse heads than that without a problem. Skim the head to tidy up the face and replace the pistons .

 

How's the bore? OK for a hone and a re-use??

 

 

  • Author

The 16V block appears to be out of commission, as the "big gouge" is at least

2 millimetres deep (how I do not know!). As for the head, it would cost more

to re-use than buy one in better condition, as the cam journals are all scored.

You're right about the engine being the cheapest part of the conversion, Dave!

 

Keep your eyes on this thread guys. Instead of a new block and head, I have

something else in store for the engine bay! :)

I hope it's not what iam thinking. If it is, you are a douchebag.

  • Author

I hope it's not what iam thinking. If it is, you are a douchebag.

I'm sure it's not what you're thinking, Joe! Right?? :S

  • 2 weeks later...

I went round to give seabiscuit a hand with some work the other day... it rained :( beer and sausages were consumed in lieu of mechanical work.

post-6910-0-21076100-1317727972_thumb.jpg

 

WHAT THE FU(K whys this guy showing his wang??

  • Author

Sr? Rotor? Audi 6 cylinder diesel??

 

If only it were this.... <<<--- Link!

 

^^^ That would be nice.. But a Swede from work would probably stain my seats over one of them.

 

Update time!

  • Author

I have started pulling down the engine bay to make way for what I call "cleansing". All through the engine bay are things that could do with a bit of tender care. The wiring is a terrible example. It's glad to know that people still take their pieces of computer mouse cable, run it across the engine bay like cobwebs and expect it to be acceptable! It's good, because they keep people, like myself, in a job :P

 

I have a spare brake booster to replace the dusty looking hunk sitting on the firewall. I may even get some new/er lines put in, as the current ones aren't up to my liking.

 

The brakes aren't the only thing needing attention on the firewall side of the engine bay. A lovely looking hunk of black silicone and a hydraulic clutch system are all that keep the water from getting to my feet (get this, right) when I do river crossings! :lol:

 

Keep peeking around the curtain guys, because the engine will be revealed pre-weekend as well as the engine bay pictures :D

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.