Come And Try Motorkhana 2006

Yep

Anyway, Teddy's right - don't let this put you off, you all really should do the Come and Try Motorkhana.

Redwarf started out at motorkhanas, so did I (not sure about the Crazy TRD brothers) - it's an awesome place to learn good car control skills. And it's WAY fun!!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i did a few motorkhanas.

1. no

2. maybe 7 competitive runs at around an average of 50 seconds a run. so works out to about $10 a minute if you don't have a full cams licence or club membership. you might be lucky to get a practice run or two in the morning depending on numbers, also a couple after.

3. yes

i'd recommend a sump baffle for motorkhanas. last one i went to, i saw 2 engines do in bigends from oil starvation. i decided it wasn't worth it unless you have a dedicated club car.

Thanks mel!!!

Tony and I didn't start out doing Motorkhana's, we went striaght into rallying, but have done a couple. with great success. might look at doing this next year.

I knew I'd get a bite out of you guys! well I take it back, you're the nicest kiwis I've ever met!

Good questions Corolla_Kid:

1. Do you need a helmet/long sleeves and long pants etc? nope, just closed in shoes! (hmm conjures up visions of naked motorkhana drivers with shoes on!!)

2. How many runs do you get? felix is right for the "normal" motorkhanas - but at the come and try motorkhana it's all about getting as much time on the tests as possible

3. Can more than one person compete in the same car? at this type of event, yes - you can get experts to guide you a bit in the car. At the Qld state series level, no.

I'm not sure about a sump baffle or needing a dedicated motorkhana car. If you were going to take motorkhanas very seriously, then you would have to think about strengthening certain parts of your vehicle. However, your average "daily driver" is more than adequately strong enough to cope with a once-off motorkhana.

You have complete control of proceedings - you can drive your car as hard (or as soft!) as you like. It's all about just giving it a go on the cheap. There are heaps of people there that are dedicated to helping you have a good time and teaching you some tips. It's a non-threatening, give-it-a-go environment where the focus is purely on FUN.

If you don't like it, don't do it again. There's nothing to lose and a whole heap to gain.

• 2 weeks later...

Good for you! pm me or demuire at any time if you have ANY doubts, it's such an awesome starting event. I'm so pleased that you're going to do it. At this rate, you'll be the only rollaclub rep, you'll do us proud!

Edited by 99