Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rians Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author

Also, this is basically the last step before the car is ready for the road/track. ʞ©$ɟ YEAH!

Edited by rian

  • Replies 611
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Aw shit, looking good.

 

Under the diff was fine on my car.

If its dones properly it will barely be the lowest point like it was on mine, but that was 2.5" so you should be better of.

 

I believe your right with the resonator.

Also you be fine with droning my car didn't even have a resonator and it had barely any droning with straight muffler through.

  • Author

So I went to the wreckers today and walked around for ages looking at stuff, eventually I bought a VN Commodore air filter housing like this:

 

91583a5_20.jpeg

 

And I plan to buy a K&N panel filter to install in there, keeping a neat and tidy engine bay so that I don't get any trouble from the police. I'm going to follow this guide from AE86DC and install it in the engine bay of my KE70: http://www.ae86drivi...-(loads-of-pics)

 

 

I was also looking at how manufacturers route the looms in their engine bays, as I'm trying to mount a section of my 4AGE loom to the firewall in the KE70. I came across these little things in the later Holdens:

 

473262_5e754842062cf16efd76f5b9a7bfe3f6.jpg

 

 

It's basically just a zip-tie that you can push into a pre-drilled hole, and once it's in it doesn't come out. So I grabbed about 7 or 8 of them, unfortunately I had to cut the 'tie' part of the zip-tie off but I can just feed a new zip-tie thread the head of the clip if that makes sense. I'm really happy about this for some reason?

Edited by rian

  • Author

^Yeah I thought those would work sweet, I tried them out but they sucked. I had 6 of them holding up about 2 feet of loom and they fell down, I even cleaned the surface so much beforehand that the paint started coming off the firewall and they still wouldn't stick. Maybe I just had some cheap shitty ones, they id come from Supercheap Auto after all..

I've already drilled holes for the zip-tie clips anyway.

  • Author

That would work!

  • Author

Pretty much finished, there's a few loose wires hanging in there but they are for the gauge senders that I'm still wiring up.:

 

post-9612-0-12218500-1357731247_thumb.jpg

 

post-9612-0-78050200-1357731190_thumb.jpg

 

post-9612-0-35174800-1357731292_thumb.jpg

 

Gauges in:

post-9612-0-00886400-1357731525_thumb.jpg

 

 

My friend and I are starting work on the exhaust tomorrow, then it's time for a test drive ;)

Edited by rian

  • Author

Just realised how much dust there is on the roof... at least one years worth.

Just realised how much dust there is on the roof... at least one years worth.

 

My car sits in the shed for two days and it has nearly that much dust

  • Author

Surprise!

 

post-9612-0-72570100-1357980395_thumb.jpg

 

post-9612-0-69721200-1357980431_thumb.jpg

 

 

I made the drive out to Toowoomba today to see Stenzel (thanks again man :thumbsup: ), checked out his 4AGE KE70 wagon and picked up the lights and bumper pictured. The bumper has a bit of surface rust coming through the chrome unfortunately, but I can live with that.

  • Author

Just drove this thing for the first time, YEAH BOI!

 

It was so much fun, can't wait to get it registered. However the exhaust is very loud, it's a mandrel bent 2" system with a cat, hot dog and straight through muffler. I think a dumpy tip might help, either that or I go to a reverse flow/dogleg muffler.

Awesome about getting it going, I'd love to see what the difference between the smallport and bigport are one day.

 

I bet that flat front will look awesome on your 70.

 

 

Dave

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.