Rians Ke70

rian

Members dont see this ad

Aw shit, looking good.

Under the diff was fine on my car.

If its dones properly it will barely be the lowest point like it was on mine, but that was 2.5" so you should be better of.

I believe your right with the resonator.

Also you be fine with droning my car didn't even have a resonator and it had barely any droning with straight muffler through.

So I went to the wreckers today and walked around for ages looking at stuff, eventually I bought a VN Commodore air filter housing like this:

91583a5_20.jpeg

And I plan to buy a K&N panel filter to install in there, keeping a neat and tidy engine bay so that I don't get any trouble from the police. I'm going to follow this guide from AE86DC and install it in the engine bay of my KE70: http://www.ae86drivi...-(loads-of-pics)

I was also looking at how manufacturers route the looms in their engine bays, as I'm trying to mount a section of my 4AGE loom to the firewall in the KE70. I came across these little things in the later Holdens:

473262_5e754842062cf16efd76f5b9a7bfe3f6.jpg

It's basically just a zip-tie that you can push into a pre-drilled hole, and once it's in it doesn't come out. So I grabbed about 7 or 8 of them, unfortunately I had to cut the 'tie' part of the zip-tie off but I can just feed a new zip-tie thread the head of the clip if that makes sense. I'm really happy about this for some reason?

Edited by rian

^Yeah I thought those would work sweet, I tried them out but they sucked. I had 6 of them holding up about 2 feet of loom and they fell down, I even cleaned the surface so much beforehand that the paint started coming off the firewall and they still wouldn't stick. Maybe I just had some cheap shitty ones, they id come from Supercheap Auto after all..

I've already drilled holes for the zip-tie clips anyway.

Pretty much finished, there's a few loose wires hanging in there but they are for the gauge senders that I'm still wiring up.:

post-9612-0-12218500-1357731247_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-78050200-1357731190_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-35174800-1357731292_thumb.jpg

Gauges in:

post-9612-0-00886400-1357731525_thumb.jpg

My friend and I are starting work on the exhaust tomorrow, then it's time for a test drive ;)

Edited by rian

Surprise!

post-9612-0-72570100-1357980395_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-69721200-1357980431_thumb.jpg

I made the drive out to Toowoomba today to see Stenzel (thanks again man :thumbsup: ), checked out his 4AGE KE70 wagon and picked up the lights and bumper pictured. The bumper has a bit of surface rust coming through the chrome unfortunately, but I can live with that.

Just drove this thing for the first time, YEAH BOI!

It was so much fun, can't wait to get it registered. However the exhaust is very loud, it's a mandrel bent 2" system with a cat, hot dog and straight through muffler. I think a dumpy tip might help, either that or I go to a reverse flow/dogleg muffler.