Rians Ke70

rian

I wouldn't go toe in! Whats your current toe?

Good point, I couldn't remember whether it was toe in or toe out that helps with the wandering/tracking. After you said that I had to go and do some research.

I don't know what it's set to in the blue car. I just got them to set it as they do for normal road driving, because not race car.

Bigger wheels tend to "exaggerate" wheel alignments (in my experience)

Gemstones are fairly average tyres but have no idea if that made a difference

But really i've learnt to do is play around with everything (tyre pressure, camber, ride height, etc etc)

Until you find what is best

Yeah I was thinking about changing the tyre pressure to see if that makes a difference, I might fiddle with it soon.

Cheers for the advice :y:

Members dont see this ad

So I finished my uni exams today thank ʞ©$ɟ. I was feeling like shit because I probably failed a couple of subjects, so to cheer myself up I headed into SCA and ordered some shit.

Bought some wheel nuts so I can put my new wheels on my car. They are made of 7075 alloy (holy aerospace alloy batman!) and are crazy light. I feel like a goose spending $100 on wheel nuts, and that was cost price! But they are dope and I only have to buy them once, they look like this:

32905B.jpg

Also ordered a Whiteline adjustable panhard rod and a Whiteline 18mm rear swaybar. Spent $310 on those. Cars are so expensive!!

Whatever you do NEVER use a rattle gun to do those up. and its almost imperitive to use a torque wrench. Alloy wheel nuts vs steel wheel studs, guess who comes out 2nd best!

In other news, i really like how those wheel nuts have a nurl on the end, that woudl make putting them on with your fingers so much easier!

not good re: exams, i remember that feeling.....

Whatever you do NEVER use a rattle gun to do those up. and its almost imperitive to use a torque wrench. Alloy wheel nuts vs steel wheel studs, guess who comes out 2nd best!

In other news, i really like how those wheel nuts have a nurl on the end, that woudl make putting them on with your fingers so much easier!

not good re: exams, i remember that feeling.....

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to keep that in mind when I get wheel alignments/new tyres(which is soon). I don't even own a rattle gun... yet. But I've got a torque wrench and I always use it for wheels nuts. The knurl is great, the wheel nuts go so far into my new wheels that the knurl is the only part that sticks out.

I wouldn't be surprise if I failed a couple of subjects, the failure rate for those subjects is up around half the class, which is madness.

So I'm trying to get this thing on the road as soon as possible, that means getting it engineered and roadworthy. So today I fitted some standard rear springs to replace the chopped Falcon springs that should never have been in there. Here's why you don't cut your springs:

post-9612-0-17139100-1371548420_thumb.jpg

From the photo they look like they had just fallen out because I jacked the car up, but they were sitting like that before I put the jack under there. So dodgy, they must have fallen out of the spring seat at some stage in the very limited driving this car has seen since it was trailered up here from Byron Bay.

Also I put the factory seat back in this afternoon. Someone had damaged the first couple of threads in one of the seat mounting holes and I couldn't get the bolt to start in the thread. The seat bolt holes have a 10x1.25 thread so I bought a corresponding thread tap and used it to clean up the thread by turning it in from underneath the car. It worked a treat, the bolt now fits and I was able to put the seat back in.

Tonight I picked up a Kamei lip from LittleRedSpirit, pretty stoked with it. Also got to see his very neat RA65, such an excellent car. Matt also taught me how to set up an idle-up system on my 4AGE which I am very interested in doing.

Hopefully I'll have that sorted soon and I'll get some more pics.

Edited by rian

When you do the falcon springs don't you cut one in half? So one side will never coil the right way to seat properly.

Dunno I didn't cut them, but these ones are definitely 2 separate springs and they coiled the right way to seat properly, but they just don't fit.

I've got some proper lowered 240mm 4.5kg springs to replace them with so I'll sell the Falcon springs to some goose who thinks cut springs will make their car gooder. Like this guy:

My rolla had falcon springs and they were actually really good

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nah just joshin'. I'm sure they work, but they're illegal (for good reason) and the spring rates are probably too stiff?

Edited by rian
  • Upvote 1

Leo I was diggin on how your KE70 looked with the 323 Kamei lip so much that I bought one. Keen to fit it up for ultimate racecar appearance.

For those who didn't see it:

2012-11-14_15-20-46_883.jpg

Edited by rian