Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rians Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Replies 611
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author

Cheers guys.

 

I was super happy to finally get the car on the road, but after a couple of kilometers of driving I have to say that this car is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced.

Two years and like 5 or 6 thousand dollars to have a car that makes a lot of noise, doesn't go very fast, smells like petrol, has countless rattles and clonks, leaks exhaust fumes and wouldn't ʞ©$ɟing start when I needed it to at the Traffic and Main Roads inspection.

I'll probably put the coilovers and wheels on tomorrow and see if it makes it out of the driveway with the retardedly low exhaust that was made for it. If it doesn't I'll just light it on fire and go back inside to eat Vegemite toast and watch Top Gear.

Edited by rian

 

Two years and like 5 or 6 thousand dollars to have a car that makes a lot of noise, doesn't go very fast, smells like petrol, has countless rattles and clonks, leaks exhaust fumes and wouldn't ʞ©$ɟing start

 

Now you know how I felt.

  • Author

^ :(

 

 

 

Also, I'm in need of an AE71 tailshaft or can someone please recommend a place to get one balanced (Driveline services, Truckline, Hardy Spicer etc) and what kind of cost I'm looking at to have it done? I don't particularly want to spend more on balancing than what another tailshaft would cost.

ah man, not good.

 

i havent kept up with your thread on what your parts are, but stick with it!

 

Teething problems!

 

we just booked a holiday at lennox heads at christmas, keep it till then and take me for a mountain drive:P

Two years and like 5 or 6 thousand dollars to have a car that makes a lot of noiser.

 

But what a sick noise 4ages make!

  • Author

ah man, not good.

 

i havent kept up with your thread on what your parts are, but stick with it!

 

Teething problems!

 

we just booked a holiday at lennox heads at christmas, keep it till then and take me for a mountain drive:P

 

Dude I live in Brisbane too, you're welcome to a drive whenever you want! I will be bringing it on the cruise soon hopefully. And the car will probably never see NSW because I couldn't be bothered to drive it there with the 2" straight through and lack of stereo, lol.

 

 

But what a sick noise 4ages make!

 

Except when your backyard exhaust is full of pinholes at the welds haha. Holy shit it revs well though.

  • Author

^Whoops, I didn't mean straight through as in no mufflers. It has a catalytic converter, a resonator and a muffler but they are all "straight through" type, no doglegs in the muffler or anything. Kind of loud and annoying, if it were a daily I would not tolerate the noise.

get the biggest triflow muffler you can fit installed.

 

it wont make much difference to performance i reckon, but even if it does, your sanity will be saved on long drives....and by long drives i mean any sort of constant speed:P

  • Author

Check your PM Matt.

I was super happy to finally get the car on the road, but after a couple of kilometers of driving I have to say that this car is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced.

Two years and like 5 or 6 thousand dollars to have a car that makes a lot of noise, doesn't go very fast, smells like petrol, has countless rattles and clonks, leaks exhaust fumes and wouldn't ʞ©$ɟing start when I needed it to at the Traffic and Main Roads inspection.

I'll probably put the coilovers and wheels on tomorrow and see if it makes it out of the driveway with the retardedly low exhaust that was made for it. If it doesn't I'll just light it on fire and go back inside to eat Vegemite toast and watch Top Gear.

 

Lol! Should be in big bold letter right across the top of the "Engine Conversions" forum!

 

Teething problems man, they will get sorted out over the next few months.

 

get the biggest triflow muffler you can fit installed.

I'm with him! I reckon the three-chamber mufflers are the best quietening with the biggest flow.

  • Author

From this:

 

post-9612-0-45724800-1373957415_thumb.jpg

 

 

To this:

 

post-9612-0-41028900-1373957437_thumb.jpg

 

 

To this:

 

post-9612-0-39744300-1373957455_thumb.jpg

Good work mate. I've been on the road for 9 months and I'm still nit picking. Not happy with the tune or the rear suspension.

 

You'll get there!!!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.