Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rians Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author

lol

  • Replies 611
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author

Sorted out some new tyres, going to go with Federal 595 RSR in 195/50r15. Also booked the car in to get the exhaust fixed and tucked up higher. Then the coilovers go in ;)

Edited by rian

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I'm pretty slack with updates lately, but recently I managed to:

- installed the T3 steering arms, RCAs and coilovers

- put my 4.5kg/mm rear springs in

- get some RSRs put on my Work Ewings

- get the exhaust tucked up higher

- customise a seat rail so that I can now install my fixed back bucket seat

 

Now I just need to bleed the brakes and get a wheel alignment. The steering is crazy stiff with the tie rods on the inner hole of the T3 steering arms, not sure if I will keep them like that. And the seat sits way lower than a standard seat and it's super hard to get in and out of. I'm eager to drive the car with these mods, this is basically how the car will stay, I haven't really got any other plans for it other than installing the 18mm rear swaybar and maybe some new brake pads. I'll try and get some pics of it tomorrow.

Edited by rian

  • Author

^Sure thing.

  • Author

So here's the pictures I said I'd take:

 

195/50r15 Federal 595 RSRs on 15x7.5 +15 Work Ewing mesh. The tyres smell terribly similar to cow poo, I drove home with them on the back seat of my daily and it was a bad experience.

 

post-9612-0-98230500-1375753400_thumb.jpg

 

This is the height the car sits with the coilovers in the front, a good height in my opinion. At this height I have good suspension bump and droop on the 5kg/mm springs, I'll calculate roll centres when I can be bothered.

 

post-9612-0-95266200-1375753580_thumb.jpg

 

The T3 steering arms and AJPS RCAs. The steering arms are a fair bit thicker and heavier than standard arms, but they need to be because they have an extra hole in them which reduces the cross sectional area and therefore the strength. I'm not sure if I like them, in my opinion the inner tie rod hole is almost unusable because of how heavy the steering becomes, however I have a tiny 330mm steering wheel. I'll try a twincam wheel before I make a conclusion.

 

post-9612-0-88799100-1375754081_thumb.jpg

 

And this is the front end, I'm yet to fit the Kamei front spoiler and paint the bumper bar black.

 

post-9612-0-45922700-1375754114_thumb.jpg

Edited by rian

I just bought a pair of 595s for my car!

 

I can't remember what your alignment was but steering is lighter with more camber/castor and also when the car is at higher speed. So depends what you want to predominately use your car for.

 

So you going to bring your car out on track if you come to qr? I've got a pair of KE70 stocko's with decent tyres you can have...

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

  • Author

Yeah man let's hit the track! Are you looking to drift events or sprints?

And how do you rate the RSRs?

 

My alignment is 9000mm out on everything. I'll be getting the wheel alignment sorted soon, I'm going to go for the specs off the AJPS website:

3.5 caster

2mm total toe out

- 2 camber

But I'm getting an infrared thermometer soon so I can check my tyre temp distribution and then change the camber to suit.

 

Dude I will take those stockos! Swap you a 6er for them?

Edited by rian

Drift of course brusssssss

I dunno there sitting in the garage still haha

 

Yeah those specs look good, I would just go as much castor as you can get up to like 8.

 

You can have the wheels for free dude.

  • Author

SCHWEEEEEET!

 

cartman-wall3-1024x768.jpg

I gotta plenty of stockos too, just wanna see those 70's go sideways, ill bring a set just to watch!

What do you think of the RCA adjusters? They look pretty raw, steel or aluminium and did they come with longer bolts? I was going to get a set, but if they are just a piece of aluminium cut cut to shape with some dowels I might have a crack at making my own haha.

  • Author

What do you think of the RCA adjusters? They look pretty raw, steel or aluminium and did they come with longer bolts? I was going to get a set, but if they are just a piece of aluminium cut cut to shape with some dowels I might have a crack at making my own haha.

The RCAs are good, they're black anodised 6061 alloy and they come with the correct size high tensile bolts.

I've seen RCAs custom made (home job) from low grade alloy, they were pretty banged up because the alloy was soft. If I were making them I'd make them from 6061. Would be way easier to just buy them haha!

 

 

Also installed my fixed back seat this afternoon...

 

SO. MUCH. BETTER!

 

I'd never had a proper seat before, the car feels way better to drive. Before I used to think the 5kg/mm front and 4.5kg/mm rear springs were soft, now I realised that it was just the springs in the factory seat that were soft!

Only problem is it's not an ADR approved seat, so I either leave it in and cop a defect notice at any time, or leave it out and just take it to the track on the back seat and install it there, which is what I think I will do.

 

post-9612-0-30035000-1375864313_thumb.jpg

 

post-9612-0-82374500-1375864363_thumb.jpg

 

post-9612-0-19265500-1375864476_thumb.jpg

Edited by rian

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.