Spencers Aw11 Mr2 Track/Streeter

Spencer

Members dont see this ad

Was a great day, with everyone being so helpful . Just felt welcome.

Car was a bit rush, getting to bed a 2:30 and waking up at 6:00

1st run - Was such a unknown , with me questioning every corner on where to break , speed , line.

2nd run - Pushed a little harder and over shot the garage ( a box where you must come to a complete stop of to finsh you run ).

3rd run - Dropped tyre pressure from 38psi :bash: to 28psi , big difference! was easier to turn in and just more grip in tight corners. Hit a cone (5 second penalty)

4th run - Started working out how hard I could break without locking up, and started driving more flowing setting my speed just before the corner and flow through it. not late break, miss the apex and punch it out the corner.

Overall was a good day, going back next month a little bit more preped.( common tools , cable ties , sun cream , tyre pressure gauge , etc ) and some goodies to make me faster ( tyres , coils ) :laff:

post-11944-0-02699000-1327884511_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-15387000-1327884551_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-13094200-1327884617_thumb.jpg

I'll ad some vids and Run Times later !

Edited by Spencer

Following your thread intensely Spencer, my first car was an Aus-delivered AW11, I miss that car more than any other. It was Overrated, white, lowered 2" on Momo Ferraris, Momo twirler, pedals, and gearknob, and mechanically stock.

My biggest regret was never seeing any track work - but at 17 that was all done of a weekend over Mt Wellington and Grasstree Hill (Targa Tasmania stage) :happy:

Can't wait to see how this project finishes up, just don't let it finish upside down in a ditch, as my AW11 did at the hands of its new owner, 2 weeks after sale.

Overall was a good day, going back next month a little bit more preped.( common tools , cable ties , sun cream , tyre pressure gauge , etc ) and some goodies to make me faster ( tyres , coils ) :laff:

I got a bit sunburnt... was well worth it, would love to run next time but it's too expensive (I'm a tight arse)!

Yea , I loved it.. Hooked like a fish! Def going to the next 1 and then maybe start looking into twilight rally ( the event that had so many bad ass cars it scared me so much I didnt enter ) :happy:

the first time I took my LJ track car to Wakefield park, they threw me in the "tin top racecar" class....

THAT was intimidating and scary!

Ive raced Karts, cars etc but in an untested car, the first time its been driven more than un and down my parent street and I got stuck with ex-v8 supercars, aussie racing cars (scariest things! youd be turning into the corner, somewhere no other car could possibly get by, and they would poke it under you!) freaked the ʞ©$ɟ out of me! haha.

Are you planning to wrap the white bits too? Vinyl wrapping is definitely a good way to have some fun. Only thing I'm not sure on is whether it sweats between the vinyl and the metal (forming moisture and rust?)