3K Cross Plane Crankshaft

KO 10

File me as a skeptic.

There are so many engines that would be deserving of this treatment more than a K engine.

Why not start with something larger capacity and with a better head design, then there may actually be drive ability gains to record, and other aspects of the engine build could also be further tuned to support the mods to the internals. Why not make it proof of concept for a whole lot of ideas if you're actually going to do this, modify rod ratio, destroke it so it has a chance of safely achieving the motorcycle scale high rpm where this mod may matter, at least in a motorcycle. Then you have the issue of how high you can reva k motor anyhow, which requires more mods to increase.

If you think about how motorcycles are made, they can shift sideways under power from the engines torque, just like a fwd car. They have potentially 4 cylinders across the bike, perpendicular to the wheels.

This doesn't make me think there would be any gains at all in doing this in a rwd north south car, where the gyroscopic effect of the engines rotation actually enhances the feel of the steering and balance as a whole with throttle application.

Members dont see this ad

If you have a heap of 3K's and 4K's time a lathe shit loads of parts why go looking for another Bigger Better more expensive option

go get a different motor it's cheeper hmmm

is it. ?? I'd love to develope something bigger all donations welcome ; )