Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Dirty Datto 1600

Featured Replies

gaskets are made to be used dry! Haha

  • Replies 50
  • Views 76.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Back again!! With the FJ20 in a 1600, the long inlet manifold hits the brake fluid bottles. I tried smaller height bottles still not enough. So i made this up as the tilton/willwood type stuff was su

  • Just because everyone seems to like photos! :dance:   Feeding the adiction! Lovin` the braid! Test fit for grille which should fit with minimal grinding and a 5mm space. I will be pain

  • This is still getting out and about. Engine specs now: SPS forged 9.5:1 pistons. Spool imports conrods. ARP head studs. Haltech sprint 500. Id1000 injectors. Journal

Posted Images

  • Author

gaskets are made to be used dry! Haha

Hehe I know. But it had a massive oil leak at the timing cover when I bought the motor so i wasn't taking any chances. Specially when it's dads car and he works arvo shift, not interested in having to rescue him at 11:30 at night.

Got to sort out why it seems to run rich, and also sort out idle control. Have to also fix the brakes they don't seem right might have a couple of dodgy calipers. Nearly there though.

 

Stu.

mate fingers and toes are ITCHING to get down there, just to crack a sider and see that hahah

:cool:

  • Author

Just because everyone seems to like photos! :dance:

 

Feeding the adiction!

post-2201-0-56761700-1323775769_thumb.jpg

Lovin` the braid!

post-2201-0-93245800-1323775822_thumb.jpg

Test fit for grille which should fit with minimal grinding and a 5mm space.

post-2201-0-80027600-1323775875_thumb.jpg

post-2201-0-13302900-1323776012_thumb.jpg

I will be painting it black the colour of the car stands out enough.

Coilovers in for neg 1.5 cambur and pos 3deg caster. Which eveyone tells me transforms a 1600.

post-2201-0-11068200-1323775915_thumb.jpg

 

Have more but you can wait!

 

Oh Teddy this isn`t the only car that you have to check out over a cider. A neighbour of mine wants to show you he`s "correct induction" commo V8. :wink: :yes:

 

Stu.

Edited by kickn5k

PUSH ME OVER AND CALL ME TRIPOD :dancetall:

 

ʞ©$ɟ yeahhhhhh =D !!!

quality 510 mate,ha don't throw the L16 out. the fastest 510 on the track at the last datnats was l18 powered:]

  • Author

quality 510 mate,ha don't throw the L16 out. the fastest 510 on the track at the last datnats was l18 powered:]

 

Cheers man!!! It's taken long enough.

It may be time to let the cat out if the bag so to speak.

The L16 may be parted out(conrods and head) for another 510 dads looking at. It's a 510 but not a 1600. He's looking to import a 510 1800sss. And with the price they get I couldn't justify putting anything but an "L" series in it.

Did you go to datnats or should I say Z nats this year?

What datto forum do you frequent?

 

Stu.

  • Author

Just dropped the datto down to get dump pipe and the exhaust to be modded/connected.

Will then just need top cooler bracket, wheel alignment, AFM bracket and make stone tray/grill fit and I'm done!!!!

 

More pics soon!!!!!!!

Just to confirm it's not 7psi(i didn't look at the gauge first drive) it's 3.5-4psi because of the restrictive engineering exhaust. It still doses though.lol

 

Pulling it half apart today to fit and plumb the cold start/idle setup. Then I'll have a play with the idle bypass screw and see if I can't get it running a bit better. Tomorrow I'll try and get all the panels and grill etc fitted. Hopefully I can get it ready for engineer to look at it Wednesday.

 

Stu.

  • Author

Hopefully I can get it ready for engineer to look at it Wednesday.

Well, the datto had it's first inspection on Thursday. He picked the things I left for him and a couple of extra minor things I didn't know/forgotten about. Needed lap sash seat belts for the rear not the lap belts it passed roadworthy with and a wiring neaten up which I had forgotten to do. And I left him wheel alignment, charcoal canister mount, So he'll have a check Wednesday and cert it, booked in At Vicroads Friday the 30th for engine number change and give them their copy of the VASS certificate(engineers).

So I'll definatlly be at Jan cc&d at skyhi!!!!!

 

Stu.

Need be at GOR!

  • Author

Need be at GOR!

Hhmm might come for a day trip. Was going to go to winton the AUS day weekend but I don't think it's the same weekend so my come for a day trip!!

 

Stu.

:lolcry: if stu comes to a GOR it'll be a miracle

He must. I will bring some stuff along that he's gonna want hahah.

:yes:.:yes:.:yes:===:yes:.:yes: :yes:===:yes:===:yes:=======:yes:.:yes:====:yes::yes:===:yes:===:yes:===:yes::yes::yes:====:yes::yes::yes:==||===:yes::yes:===

=:yes:==========|:yes:=====||:yes:==||:yes:=|====:yes:=======:yes:==:yes:=|:yes:-:yes:-|:yes:==:yes:============|:yes:=====|==:yes:==||:yes:=

==:yes:=========|:yes:======:yes:==||:yes:=====:yes:=======:yes:==||:yes:||:yes:=|:yes:=:yes:==:yes:============:yes:=====|=|:yes:==||||:yes:=

===:yes:========|:yes:======:yes:==||:yes:=====:yes:======|:yes:====:yes::yes:=|:yes:==:yes:=:yes::yes::yes:=======:yes:=====|=:yes:==|==:yes:=

====:yes:=======|:yes:======:yes:==||:yes:=====|:yes:=======:yes:==:yes:=:yes:=|:yes:==:yes:=:yes:============|:yes:=====|==:yes:===:yes:==

====:yes:=======|:yes:======|:yes:==:yes:======|:yes:========:yes::yes:=:yes:=======:yes:=:yes:============:yes:=====|===:yes:|\=:yes:==

:yes::yes::yes:=====|:yes:========:yes::yes:========:yes::yes:=====|:yes:==|:yes:========:yes:|:yes::yes::yes:======:yes:=====||====:yes::yes:==

 

THE GOR !!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.