Peanut Bait

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

Top one is a series 3 AE82 red and black top (same dizzy as the bluetop).

Bottom one is a smallport and has a 4 wire dizzy as opposed to the bigport 3 wire.

I thought you hooked up the start wire a while ago.

TPS adjustment will make it run dead like it is, you tried it with it unplugged?

Unless you have a hairy dizzy or a damaged dizzy wire then there is nothing really else with them that can fail, if you were closer you could borrow one of mine.

Top one is a series 3 AE82 red and black top (same dizzy as the bluetop).

Bottom one is a smallport and has a 4 wire dizzy as opposed to the bigport 3 wire.

I thought you hooked up the start wire a while ago.

TPS adjustment will make it run dead like it is, you tried it with it unplugged?

Unless you have a hairy dizzy or a damaged dizzy wire then there is nothing really else with them that can fail, if you were closer you could borrow one of mine.

Start wire was hooked up but it seems to create the bogging down issue so I unplugged it, but plugged in it makes it start properly without issue.

Tried unplugging the TPS and it'd run but not well.

I ʞ©$ɟed with the dizzy (my bad), adjusted some gaps. The dizzy I'm looking at grabbing is a yellow plug 3 wire (I think)

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooo, look who made it out of the shed today.

20130120_114614.jpg

20130120_114629.jpg

It now starts and is capable of being timed correctly. Need to adjust the TPS correctly (did a quick job).Still has oodles more power than before. Its hunting at idle bit that's the least of my problems after all the other drama. Did a diagnostic and all I'm getting is speed sensor.

Pity I lose my licence Tuesday.

When I find a new passenger guard I'll probably do a quick budget paint job like Cop Bait to match all the panels. Paint the MA's and throw some rubber on them, and its done.

• 3 weeks later...