Peanut Bait

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

Heh... You'd be amazed what I've held together with that gunk... It binds the fabric of the universe

Yep! I'd say its just as strong holding things as sikaflex probably stronger, I ran out of seam sealer and had a couple of spare tubes of sealant and used them, haha. Worked well!

• 2 weeks later...

OK. So I pulled the dizzy out and checked the gaps (dunno what they are called) and they were almost touching the contacts. Adjusted them out and it started. I had to remove the STA wire on the ecu that I ran from the ignition. Tried to time it with my timing gun.

Yet again there's something going on there, I managed to drive it back to the shed. Plenty of power, but when I'm cruising its jerking like Michael J Fox.

I'm considering a full wiring strip down/overhaul. First ill service it and see if that helps, might try a new cam belt as when the cam gears are lined to the timing marks the crank timing mark looks a bit off. I don't know if this would affect it to the point where it'd give me the dramas I'm having. Might overhaul the dizzy too.

Or sell it.

Fixing

20121213_153928.jpg

Back in the naughty corner.

20121213_164558.jpg

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

i don't get it...

Distributers are set and forget on these things.

what was "almost touching"? its supposed to be almost touching as its a hall effect type thing if i recall.

if the head has been shaved in its life, then this will effect the cam belt/timing markings as the distance between the crank and cam change

There is a gap you can set inside the dizzy. Two gaps actually. I fiddled with the gap when it wouldn't start so I adjusted them back to where they were.

Both gaps are meant to be 0.2 - 0.4mm, but you probably already know this. I'd hoped the ECU change would solve things, I'm lost too. :(