Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peanut Bait

Featured Replies

  • Author

Sooooo, look what I made. Both ready to go.

 

coils.jpg

 

Went to replace the rack bushes and rack ends then realised I'd ordered the wrong ones, FML, 38mm instead of 34mm, don't believe what you read on the internet boys and girls.

 

20120925_2134011.jpg

 

Once Id realised that I gave up for the night.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 781.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I actually snapped one of the mounting points off so I went, f**k it, all the mechanisms were smooth as.   It was close to the end of the day after 7 hours without a break and id run out of beer.

  • basic, crude, K MOTOR POWER!

  • *sigh   this is why I usually don't ask for help on here. guaranteed someone knows but all I get is f**king fishtanks :|

Posted Images

Got in on the cheap KLS short shifter band wagon. Quite a nice unit for the price.

 

post-8907-0-19367200-1340781451_thumb.jpg

 

Where'd you buy this from?

 

I'm chasing a cheaper option for the W50 in the torry, but can't seem to find anyting other than the NZ shifter we bought for the racecar ($350+)

are you running a t50? (too many pages to go searching)

 

I've searched for W50 shifters on ebay and come up trumps?

My t50 shifter doesn't fit my w55.. Don't know about w50

well w55 and w50 shifters are interchangeable AFAIK, so that rules out the cheap short shifter option then.

  • Author

Finally got the dash all sorted, bought a cheap Ozito rotary tool Dremel thing and remounted the stereo in the lower console part.

Made a brace for the HU, then slipped the mount thing that the HU came with over it to lock it in.

 

20120929_1445451.jpg

20120930_1632301.jpg

20120930_1633301.jpg

 

Still waiting for my new brakes from the US. Gotta get my ball joints pressed. And waiting for my replacement steering rack bush kit.

That brace is a great idea! I'll have to do something similar, my headunit is just sorta jammed in there at the minute :P

  • Author

Yeah I figured it'd need to be pretty secure with the suspension I'm going to be running. If it bounces around a lot its just going to rip all the mounts of the console out.

As it is I'm considering strengthening the mounts by drilling out the mount points and gluing in some large steel washers to spread the load. As it is the 30 year old plastic is quite brittle and already starting to crack.

 

Another option was a mount from the stereo to the upper console mounts so the stereo is secured to it and the plastic takes none of the weight at all.

Sounds fun, I have to pull my engine out to get steering rack out by the looks of it now, haha.

Sounds fun, I have to pull my engine out to get steering rack out by the looks of it now, haha.

 

WTF, cutting it close mate.

Why did it take you two hours reed??? :P

  • Author

It was just hard. If I had to do it again I could in under 10 minutes but being my first time I kinda done it bass ackwards. Not realising for 1/2 hour a thread was semi stripped so I couldnt start a nut didnt help

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.