Peanut Bait

B.L.Z.BUB

Sooooo, look what I made. Both ready to go.

coils.jpg

Went to replace the rack bushes and rack ends then realised I'd ordered the wrong ones, FML, 38mm instead of 34mm, don't believe what you read on the internet boys and girls.

20120925_2134011.jpg

Once Id realised that I gave up for the night.

Members dont see this ad

Finally got the dash all sorted, bought a cheap Ozito rotary tool Dremel thing and remounted the stereo in the lower console part.

Made a brace for the HU, then slipped the mount thing that the HU came with over it to lock it in.

20120929_1445451.jpg

20120930_1632301.jpg

20120930_1633301.jpg

Still waiting for my new brakes from the US. Gotta get my ball joints pressed. And waiting for my replacement steering rack bush kit.

Yeah I figured it'd need to be pretty secure with the suspension I'm going to be running. If it bounces around a lot its just going to rip all the mounts of the console out.

As it is I'm considering strengthening the mounts by drilling out the mount points and gluing in some large steel washers to spread the load. As it is the 30 year old plastic is quite brittle and already starting to crack.

Another option was a mount from the stereo to the upper console mounts so the stereo is secured to it and the plastic takes none of the weight at all.