T Series Drive Shaft Problem

corollaart

So ive put a t series diff into my 55 coupe rear discs etc ,The problem i now have is trying to get a drive shaft.

I thought i could use the t flange on the 55 shaft then get it shortened,but the uni joints are different.

Maybe get a hole new tube built ,but the shaft tubes are 10 or 15mm different in size.

Maybe mix and match uni joint caps??

I have plenty of ke55 shafts,and one rt132 two piece shaft (tseries flange)

Help :hmm: rob

Members dont see this ad

Thanks guys :The tube is not tapered at all (55)and is 80mm od,the 132 tube is 65mm od.Rechecked the uni joints thought i mite get away with swapping two caps to get it together,which looked promiseing ,with both measuring 15 mm id.

But the t series uni is 4mm longer :bash:

Maybe getting the flange machined on the diff is the only way to go I'm out of ideas.

Will ring the drive shaft guys again.

I'm trying to keep away from getting a custom tube if possible ,for cost reasons.They told me that if all they have to do is shorten it cost will be minimal and I'm all for that.

Just thought id throw it out there to see what others have done as it has been done many times apprently.

rob