Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4K Weber

Featured Replies

hey all,

 

i walked into sprint carburettor and fuel injection service today and the guy told me that the weber 32/36 uses the same jets as the 2L cortina and escort, is this true? will it run well on a 4k?

 

cheers Scott

32/36 is a very common upgrade on k motors

hey all,

 

i walked into sprint carburettor and fuel injection service today and the guy told me that the weber 32/36 uses the same jets as the 2L cortina and escort, is this true? will it run well on a 4k?

 

cheers Scott

 

 

The 32/36 IS the carb fitted to the 2L pinto motors in the Escorts and Cortina's

If you got one off an Escort or Cortina, it would need re-jetting before it would work with a 4k. If that's what you mean?

talking about webers on a 4k,a 4k that has a weber fitted and runs like shit till it warms up,is this a tuning and or jetting problem,is it normal or what else could it be??this is all the info I have at present so just opinions,ideas would be appreciated..

Any motor started cold without the choke will usually do that, on some motors it may be hardly noticeable, some it will be hardly driveable. I haven't got around to making up a choke cable so i run without it, and it's not fun.

Actually while I'm thinking about this, i might have a go at hooking one up today. Cheers :)

I have a 32/36 on mine and it does the same,..then when warm it will run sweet.

I do have a set of extractors,oversized valves,a cam,so maybe this helps as I need more fuel maybe?!

Why don't you Weber boyz get a pinned thread up where you can list mods and jet sizes.

 

You will need to rejet the carbs (idle jet, air jet and main jets) to suit the 4K, and again to suit the cam & exhaust you have fitted. So that is time on a dyno with an oxygen meter, or a built-in oxy sensor & fuel mixture display.

 

If the guys who did them years ago post up their figure then it will be quick & easy for people doing it now.

Ok Altezza :) I'll look into what I have. Only thing is I'm unsure of my cam.i think that my weber is actually smaller than I first thought.Mine is made by WILSON (made in spain) and has 26/on the primary side and 27/on the secondary side.so I'm assuming it's a 26/27.And it runs perfect :)

I think EvanG ran a Weber about that size instead of the 32/36 off a Ford. PM him and ask what he finally used for jets.

28/36 I'm running 135 mains and 150 secs. 170 main air correction and 195 sec (i think)

 

50-55 idles

  • 8 months later...

How much off a power upgrade would a webber carby be on a 4k? And what are the costs involved? :)

 

Cheers

Definately noticeable, but not as good without a cam and exhaust to go with it...

 

Its dirt cheap compared to other options. You need the carb, an air cleaner and an adapter plate, so a couple of hundred bucks.

 

What options would you consider?? DCOEs, SUs, injection, twin stock Aisans??

26/27 are the size of the chokes in a 32/36 from a 2lt ford from memory. If you look at the base of the carb it will probably say 32/36, looking down the throats will give you the 26/27 number.

 

I'm happy with mine, but I never had a stock carb to compare too. It's a little grumpy to start, but not too much. It seems to go quite well with a shaved head. More mods would be better I think, we'll get to that. It's probably one of the best value intake mods around I reckon and adds tunability as you do more to the motor.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.