Hotwheels Cars!

Members dont see this ad

yeah, i'm a collector too. I take it to the next level though, drilling out the rivets and chucking mags on and respraying them...

I like my jap nostalgics, so lots of datsun 510's, and corollas when i can get them.

i have a couple of photos in my album in my user profile

Edited by TE278U

I'm only collecting one of each but my boy is one now and loves cars so i think ill be getting even more haha.

I can't say i have seen any rollas besides a ae86 in a pack :-(

my mate paints some of his so i have been thinking about doing it now.

The brand 'welly' has a few late model Toyota models:

http://www.wellydiecast.com/product_list.php?brand=Toyota

I have the E140/E150 corolla, number is 44015 but it isn't listed on the website.

EDIT: Not 44018

Edited by Trev

post-1432-0-93790200-1324899243_thumb.jpg

Did have a crap load more, close to a hundred or so, that went up over the door and under the books over to the corner wall. But my boy kept on pulling them off the wall and taking them out of their packets, playing with them and either bending the wheels or just losing them.

Thankfully the little sod never got to the collector models.

Cause of it i've had to take them off the wall and put them in a box.

post-1432-0-93790200-1324899243_thumb.jpg

Did have a crap load more, close to a hundred or so, that went up over the door and under the books over to the corner wall. But my boy kept on pulling them off the wall and taking them out of their packets, playing with them and either bending the wheels or just losing them.

Thankfully the little sod never got to the collector models.

Cause of it i've had to take them off the wall and put them in a box.

What is worse is when you buy some large scale die cast cars from The Warehouse and one day you let your son play with them and they get destroyed, a few months later you look on eBay and they are selling for 4x the price you paid, FML.

I went through a bit of a Chevy phase last year, bought every Chevy Hot-wheels car i could find, quite a collection. Where i work (Kmart) we have these 2 guys that come in 2-3 times a week, asking if they can rummage through our Hot-wheels stock. Apparently some cars sell for 40-50$ on eBay :blinks:

I went through a bit of a Chevy phase last year, bought every Chevy Hot-wheels car i could find, quite a collection. Where i work (Kmart) we have these 2 guys that come in 2-3 times a week, asking if they can rummage through our Hot-wheels stock. Apparently some cars sell for 40-50$ on eBay :blinks:

Thats what my mate at work does, he asks to go out the back of shell servos because they sometimes have a good stash haha.

I collected matchbox cars while I was a youngen. Hotwheels weren't big in the early 80's. Collection probably around 200 but all well used.

I even have some of the "king size" matchbox stuff, which is getting very collectable at the moment.

Now I collect the jada hotrod/muscle car stuff.

Stu.

I collected matchbox cars while I was a youngen. Hotwheels weren't big in the early 80's. Collection probably around 200 but all well used.

I even have some of the "king size" matchbox stuff, which is getting very collectable at the moment.

Now I collect the jada hotrod/muscle car stuff.

Stu.

I'm supprised how much some of the older sfuff is worth.

I goy my boy 2 new ones today :-)