Exhaust - Suggestions Please!

turbo_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahah yeah,

Well i have my new exhaust on now, i noticed better responce and more revy too!.

the rotors are off i dunno what but they are brand new and are thick and chunky...

the extractors i have no idea what brand, but they are a dark grey blue colour, pics tommorow after new tyres and ive had a tinker with the carb (needs a rebuild, might strap the nikki off a gemmi on it)

Alright, after quite a bit of thought, lots of advice, 70 posts, & 1.5 hours at the exhaust shop, i finally got the exhaust done on tuesday! Was only gonna get the resonator cut out (just purchased a new house, so i can't afford nice things anymore :)), but it needed to be welded up near where the pipe meets the extractors as well, so figured i'd get them to do the whole system while it was out. Ended up going 2" (1.75" didnt look like a big increase over standard), with just simple mild-steel tip (couldnt bring myself to pay $70 for a chrome tip! :cool: ). Looks a bit better than the standard system, and the note is pretty nice considering the small capacity engine. Much better than it was with the shot resonator & leak!!! $230 installed for the lot.

Anyway, for what you've all been waiting for (sure you've had many sleepless nights wondering when it was gonna be done :( )

Before - pea shooter anyone?

dscn3927wonp6ov.jpg

What $230 got me :(

dscn4224wonp15to.jpg

dscn421916pc.jpg

dscn422010hh.jpg

dscn422112nu.jpg

dscn422211qp.jpg

dscn422312bg.jpg

Extractors, new cams, suspension & rims will be next, but all the $$$ is going into the house at the moment, so might have to wait on that! (why can't cars appreciate in value??? :eatlead: Until the next instalment rollaclubbers..........Thanks to all for your advice & opinions! :(

Yeah, just the lil ol 4k Nick....thanks tiger! Looked at the supercharger path, but will hold off on that for a bit longer as i wanna do some cosmetic things to it first :( (rims, suspension, & finish wacking in my stereo & central locking)

Needs some PHAT rear tyres

I know rollaboy.....currently looking at what i can wack on there. Considering MA61 rims, or something off like a 180/CA18 etc (these are suitable right, just slightly different offset??), but only want something cheap. So I'm keeping my eyes open on the forums for whatever comes up! Also heaps difficult to find suitable rims here in adelaide as i rang around & no-one had anything. I'll tell them exactly what model I'm after though (ie MA61 or CA18 etc) next time though as opposed as "something to suit a KE70" as they don't draw the comparison that some other rims will fit. Anything wider than the pizza cutters that are on there now would be a great change though! :)

Priced a set of those Konig "rewinds" (saw them in the latest fast4's), and they were $250each without tires for 15x7....trying to cash in on the hachi & hachi wanna be market i think! :( Any suggestions for suitable rims would be appreciated too, but I'm still doing some research on it :eatlead:

Just found some old TRX rims a guy on AE86driving club has got on ebay....

TRX Rims on Ebay. May be worth a look & bid... :cool:

Okay, been for a squiz on ebay.....here's a couple of options i've come up with:

Not sure what these are????

ca_1_b.JPG

Just a pity they're the wrong offset! Anyone know what sorta wheels these are?

OR

MA61 Supra Rims

98_1_b.JPG

Probably go without the centre caps though :cool:

Thoughts? Opinions?

Edited by turbo_rolla

The top set are Neal wheels, I had a set of 15's. There is a big discussion on those wheels somewhere on here, they are cool wheels.

What size wheels do you really want?

My mate has a set of 13 inch 12 slotters with new 205 tyres on his KE30 that he is going to sell soon, they are PHAT

Pic...

*Edit...I just noticed, the seller says the rims are for rear wheel drive car, but then again he also said they will suit corolla and gemini, which as anyone with half a clue knows, have a completely different stud pattern, so who knows.

post-632-1137675561_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rolla__Boy

purplehorn.jpg

i believe they are ma61 rims on that ke70, although I'm not sure, just saw ur pic and thought...ive seen those b4, so yeah thats a very neat ke70 belonging to a member i think and i think the wheels work well with the colour, but maybe not every colour...

just thought id give ya a look, i like them :cool:

What size wheels do you really want?

After probably 14" or 15" rollaboy. I'm not lowering it for a while so I'm gathering there'll be no problem with scrubbing with 15's, unless i run like 225's or something :cool: 14x6.5 or 14x7 would be the ideal way to go i guess....

Thanks for that Pic loveke70! Always good to compare apples with apples :) Having said that though, my "light poo brown" doesnt quite compare to that paint job! I'd eventually love to have mine done in something similar to the following:

Ford Narooma Blue i think

fordnaroomablue2xw.jpg

Or something not to dis-similar to this (love the BBS rims as well!):

1980rollac3um.jpg

I reckon it'll come down to either those, or the "Neals" rims!

I think the TRX rims would look similar to something like this, but without the DISH:

ae71loweredrims3yr.jpg

(can't remember whose car this is but fairly sure its off the forums - sorry)

Keep the opinions coming!

Edited by turbo_rolla

Thanks for the pics Ke30! I have to get a photo of a decent set of trx rims so i can do the same. there's a car i drove past on the way home from my new place that has a black set on them, so i'll grab a photo and chop em on and go from there!

That 1600 was on carsales/carpoint or something a while ago loveke70! Reckon it would've moved pretty quickly though! Actually, try this:

:Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Saw it when i was browsing and was just struck by the colour! Awesome colour and awesome looking car! Very schmick

Will see how the photoshop of the rims goes, and also do some research in the meantime :dance

Edited by turbo_rolla