Split from KE70 drifto thingy. R

Rolla__Boy

Members dont see this ad

rollaboy: i apologise if i have offended you. the responses to my topic were fair and friendly.

>>

if anyone thinks this isn't a complete waste of time let me know and i'll post up the build details...still in paper at this point but juts gimme some time...

>>

i posted the question because i thought some of the people reading it would have been interested in the approach i'm taking....obviously not everyone...but i love a challenge, and preliminary measurements indicate it's not going to be the tooo hard...

as far as i know, no-one has tried using a shortened falcon axle in a corolla...i don't see any in d1, in the oz drift nats, nz drift...no-where. they all stick with the panhard...so naturally, i want to see if and how well it might work...if i manage to get the placement of the engine/gearbox right, the car isn't going to be front weight biased...it might just all actually WORK...i thought some people might be interested in my ideas...

sorry for wasting space, rollaclub.

the responses to my topic were fair and friendly.

they were, so you're welcome around here anytime :S

it's just alot of people are "all talk" about building 1uz-fe ke70s, we've heard it enough times that it becomes a pipe dream, because it would be a VERY hard project to do with a good proper result

but honestly man, if you're going to do it, i for one would LOVE to see a corolla taken to that extreme. you'd pave the way for others to build similar cars, and modifying corollas is what we're all about, right?

as an idea, google for "puerto rico piston team" and have a look at the half-chassis ke70s those guys have running 8 and 7 second quarter miles, with crappy old 3T-C pushrod motors which have turbo, nos, and efi. that's the kind of body you're going to have to build, if not something better and stronger

i take objection to the "crappy" old "t" engines......

better'n a "k".......

arguments?

pointless argument. 1300cc pushrod non-crossflow is worse than 1800cc pushrod crossflow. but they're both shithouse compared to what you can get these days.

the puerto ricans just use 3T-Cs cos that's all they have. they never got twincam heads, though you'd think for the amount of money they're spending on the rest of the car, the cost of importing a 2T-G head and associated parts would be worth it?

K's 'Rare' ??

Cool. so we should export a heap of them to the USA for the 'purists' and bring a heap of xT-G engines back here!!!

As for 6cyl KE70's... Man, what an engineering challenge!! I remember seeing an AE86 with a 6cyl in it some time ago in a mag, and he was lucky to fit the thing!!

Why someone would go to 'all-that-trouble' to fit a 6, when a 'formula Atlantic' spec 4agze would bolt straight in, give better balance, power-to-weight, etc sure beats the hell outta me.

But if it floats you boat that badly... Then do it!! :) Take lots n lots of pics, detailed accounts of the steps, and all the issues :( you are BOUND to have with a swap like that!!

As Peter Brock once said: "If you bite off more than you can chew... Then chew like HELL!!!"

Hope ya got some good teeth brother!! :D

alot of cars broke the 206kw limit but just advertised them as 206 kw to keep the authorities happy i thought?

yeah, that's pretty much how it worked, and still does. you'll usually peel over 220kw at the wheels out out most bog stock "206kw" japanese cars released these days

still, i have HEARD that the 100 genuine aussie 32GTRs went harder than the jap spec ones. but now we are just talking carpark rumors and "butt dyno" so who really knows?