New Member From South Africa

20V Screeamer

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi man i used to liv in Petemaritzburg, moved here to aus. at 10 done any wrk to ur rolla ?

howzit shayden.

nothing major. durban stock. lol .. got dual 50mm down pipes, 57mm into 63mm Primaforce exhaust and open throttles angry.gif

there's alot of strong 20vs in durban nowadays...

What's the drag scene still like , I remember it at makro by blue lagoon , I forget the area now .

eish durbs has changed alot huh... but the drags are the same. usaully mackro, backstretch, chambelin rd.

I'm not sure hw long since you left, but for a while, we had legal drags at the road next to greyville race course, well that was until a racer died in an accident due to poor safety regulations.

rumour has it that theres a legal strip being built on the north coast near stanger.

roy hesketh track in PMB has also re opened. toyota test track in Eston near PMB is now being hired out over weekends for drag days. oh and matubatuba and margate airstrips.

cops are still hard as ever, cars are impounded for being lowered, cone filters, dark tint, xenon lights, having too big rims ie: if your car comes factory fitted with 13" wheels, you can't have more than 2 sizes bigger. its madness.

btw why why why did you sell your ke70?....

eish durbs has changed alot huh... but the drags are the same. usaully mackro, backstretch, chambelin rd.

I'm not sure hw long since you left, but for a while, we had legal drags at the road next to greyville race course, well that was until a racer died in an accident due to poor safety regulations.

rumour has it that theres a legal strip being built on the north coast near stanger.

roy hesketh track in PMB has also re opened. toyota test track in Eston near PMB is now being hired out over weekends for drag days. oh and matubatuba and margate airstrips.

cops are still hard as ever, cars are impounded for being lowered, cone filters, dark tint, xenon lights, having too big rims ie: if your car comes factory fitted with 13" wheels, you can't have more than 2 sizes bigger. its madness.

btw why why why did you sell your ke70?....

wow ther really hard up there i thort victoria had it tuff

Same rules here in OZ. Sounds like the same cops too...

Welcome to rollaclub. Nice Rxi. Which brings me to, what is an Rxi?. Is it a sport model?.

Madness, I love when Africans join, cars are always slightly different to what we have here.

Agree. I love the subtle differences with the same models from country to country.

The front of Amith's Rxi looks much better than our AE112

Hahaha ke70 was just to much ghetto for the po-po !

Its rollaclubs car of the year 2011 ! But building my Mr2 now for the track .I will build another ke70 maybe panelvan/ wagon .

When I left they were just starting those drags by Greyville , speed and sounds Super boss ( holden astra )use to thrash everything except for some of those Nissan champs ( datsun ute )

I remember my friends golf getting nailed by ishaka for being low , loud , wheels.

Is it still the same scene tho ? Huge chrome wheels on the city golfs big exhausts and low ? Has the whole euro scene worked its way in with smaller wheels but much wider , stretched tyres , silly camber , sticker bombing ?

I do believe the south African Rxi is there most performance model .

Edited by Spencer

Hahaha ke70 was just to much ghetto for the po-po !

Its rollaclubs car of the year 2011 ! But building my Mr2 now for the track .I will build another ke70 maybe panelvan/ wagon .

When I left they were just starting those drags by Greyville , speed and sounds Super boss ( holden astra )use to thrash everything except for some of those Nissan champs ( datsun ute )

I remember my friends golf getting nailed by ishaka for being low , loud , wheels.

Is it still the same scene tho ? Huge chrome wheels on the city golfs big exhausts and low ? Has the whole euro scene worked its way in with smaller wheels but much wider , stretched tyres , silly camber , sticker bombing ?

I do believe the south African Rxi is there most performance model .

yep the golfs are still the same, theres a few euro style 1s... theres tons of 2lt 16v turbo golf 1s in my area. oh and majority of golf drivers with a cone filter still think they can take on anything :bash:

Same rules here in OZ. Sounds like the same cops too...

Welcome to rollaclub. Nice Rxi. Which brings me to, what is an Rxi?. Is it a sport model?.

Agree. I love the subtle differences with the same models from country to country.

The front of Amith's Rxi looks much better than our AE112

i changes the front slightly ie: smoked lights and that black section on the bumper... will post a pick of before.

The corolla Rxi was the executive sport model between 1999 and 2002. comes standard with 20V blacktop motor and, 6 fwd tranny, oil cooler, a/c, p/steering, perpherated leather seats with double red stitching ,elec windows, central locking, abs, 15" wheels. etc etc

motors were rated @ 115kw atf and 154nm. unforetunately, the std ecu runs on a closed loop that kicks out any chip tuning. so while the b16 vtecs are performing with just chip's , 20Vs need more serious mods. but all we need is good exhaust, and down pipe, a skimed head and 16 degree advanced timing and we can run in front of "stock" mk5 gti's, polo gti's, runX rsi on the 400. but thats only at the coast,

Mine is has the original wheels, alot of us prefer it this way cos 17' wheels really kill the performance.

Interesting. The front of our AE112 has this weird seperate headlight/indicator thing, the S.A version looks much more tidy.

Also that yours has a 20v BT and 6spd is both interesting and bloody annoying.

As "sporty" as ours got was a low blow turbo 7AFE with 110kw and a 5 spd.

Why Toyota OZ went to the trouble of turboing a 7AFE and not offering us an Rxi is mind boggling.

Still, sweet ride, jelous as and look forward to some more pics.