My 2 Rt40S

kayten

Members dont see this ad

whats up,

Got the machine running overrated check the below links for some vids of it running and a little walk around

All i need now is to make up the clutch line, find a slave cylinder to clutch fork rod, 2 front brake lines and exhaust system.

I will make a clutch rod but if anyone has one to suit the steel case 5 speed celica box ill take it, or post up the rod length if you know it or can measure one!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcbLZ...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMLEJ...e_gdata_player

Let me know what you think, can't wait to be destroying tires!!!!!!!

Quick update,

Found a internally regulated alternator that pretty much bolted straight on with minimal fuss.

I scored the alternator from "AUTO ELETRICS AUSTRALIA" here in Brisbane its a 70 amp jobbie and is perfect for the job.

To make it fit i added a spacer in between the legs on the pivot mount about 10mm and I had to drill out the front mount hole on the front leg to the larger bolt size and swapped the steel insert from my old externally regulated alternator on the rear leg.

Also made up a small adapter to allow the use of the original alternator bracket. easy really.

small adapter so I can use original bracket

img2326nm.jpg

img2325cp.jpg

img2319uz.jpg

img2318um.jpg

img2317s.jpg

img2315jm.jpg

img2314ys.jpg

The rat is booked for exhaust system fab up on Tuesday next week yusss!!

Also getting gilmer drive kit sorted next week to give it that sweet sweet buzz without the charger cost hahahaha.

All jap day car show on sunday wanted to have it ready for then but didnt pull finger enough!!!

will update with video once exhaust is on and growling!!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Car now has full exhaust system and sounds nice just need to tune it properly and its all good to go

Picking up electronic dizzy tonight to give it a little more spark.

race pipe for being loud

img2427xs.jpg

quick change out to race pipe

img2425o.jpg

race pipe 2.5"

img2422hr.jpg

Full system 2 1/4"

img2430z.jpg

twin pipes off exhaust manifold

img2416cq.jpg

twins

img2415iz.jpg

rear muffler and routed under the axle

img2428cf.jpg

img2431hc.jpg

The old girl outside getting a few sun rays for a change

img2406xj.jpg

Took the RAT for a drive around the block and was all good just needs a good test and tune day out on the open road and will be all go!!!

Been speaking with diecrest engineering and we are close to having the gilmer drive gears and belt sorted, might be cheaper if i get more than one set.

Ill ask them when I speak to them next

• 1 month later...

up date the RAT040 is now rolling!!!

Got everything sorted and done over the last few weekends just a few small things to finish off and its rego time.

Took these pics about an hour ago after going on sneaky test drive for 20 mins or so and its running overrated!!!

Used a airflow meter and verniers and some screw drivers to sync and tune the carbs seems to be all good.

Just need to get it on a dyno to make sure A/F ratios are good and to see what sort of power it will make.

Just need to lower it a few inches, ive head the old Isuzu Gemini front springs fit and are 1 1/2" shorter in standard length so some lowered Gemini springs would give me the drop without having to make some custom lowering springs with the angle grinder!!!

Has anyone used the Gemini springs??

img2794ws.jpg

Custom grill was a mission to strip, sand, paint, polish and add skull but looks the goods, note air intake in head light

img2795y.jpg

img2796g.jpg

img2797ap.jpg

img2798t.jpg

img2799v.jpg

img2800p.jpg

img2801sr.jpg

img2802o.jpg

• Upvote 1

Update!!

Car has now been slammed for Greazefest car show on sunday.

I used some 4" hilux lowering blocks with 19mm locating dowels.

Had to shave a small amount off the dowels to make fit but nothing serious, also had to bend the u bolts to suit the narrower diff housing and also drill out the through holes on shock mounting plate.

Removed bump stops and we are good to go.

For the front i just took a few coils off the standard springs, this set up is purely for car shows and I will have a set of 2.5" blocks and get some front lowering springs to suit.

img2876b.jpg

img2878z.jpg

img2879l.jpg

img2882b.jpg

img2883oz.jpg

img2884k.jpg

img2887rn.jpg

img2888ic.jpg

Cheers Andy

• Upvote 1