V6 Cressida Engine In Ke55

ndgiannis

Hey guys!

just curious on throwing in a v6 cressida engine in my ke 55... cheap enough so i thought why not... sooooo a few questions if i may.

Is it possible? with minimal effort? has anyone considered it?

any one know anything bout trannys? if the ke55 will fit on?

please

anyone with answers or any kind of help is a mad kent

Cheers fellas

Nik

Members dont see this ad

lol Evan.. you mean this problem-

The Avalon was a front-wheel drive full-size car, powered by a V6 engine, as the third-generation Camry remained in the mid-market but now had grown in proportions to be classified as a mid-size. The Cressida was an upper-level mid-size rear-wheel drive car with a straight-6 engine

Nik, there are several Holden V6 motors in Corollas on here, but turning the Camry motor around would be a pain.

I'm not sure I'm following altezza, (sorry i don't know how to quote)

what do you mean camry motor? and my bad i knew it was a straight 6 just the 'v' was habit haha

i figured it would be doable seeing as its a small 6, and rear wheel drive.

and evan... haha i don't know what a 1uz is :$

plan was to get cheap injected 4 cylinder engine with minimal hassle of installing (ie tranny/shaft/ mounts)

but i saw this engine n thought maybe it would be easier.

insight?

cheers guys :)

Answers to your questions:

Is it possible? Yes

with minimal effort? No

has anyone considered it? Not that I know of. For the work to get a 6 in then you might as well put a decent one in. M series motors often send a shudder down people's spine, there's a reason they are cheap.

any one know anything bout trannys? Only what I've accidentally discovered from google searches. I prefer women with womanly bits, I'm certain i saw one walk into the maccas in St Kilda once.

if the ke55 will fit on? No.

anyone with answers or any kind of help is a mad kent. Don't say "mad kent", it makes you sound like an idiot.

1uz is the Toyota v8. It would be cooler than the Cressida motor but likely a fair bit of effort involved. Pmp020 has experience with ke20s with bot a valiant 6 and an rb30 if I recall.

Edited by philbey

unless you are replacing the engine in your mums car, there is NO reason why anyone should ever put an M series engine INTO a car.

though there is nothign wrong with outrageous engine conversions, as long as you can keep it cheap, very cheap in this case.

this looks fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtBcqVIM0F0

Ah. OK, the straight six. They carry an inherent problem of being longer than a 4cyl, so put more weight over the front axle & upset the balance of the car.

That makes it harder to get the best handling for corners, but f you're into drags it probably helps.

Almost ANY motor with much more power will need a complete change of drivetrain, clutch, gearbox, driveshaft, diff.. the lot- and nothing bolts up to a K motor except a K gearbox as far as I know.

How about the 4Y motor?? 4cyl 2.2L, made up to the early '90s and out of the Hi-Ace vans. If you're looking for easy torque that will be a simpler conversion than the straight 6, and the motor is still basically a big K engine..

haha thanks everyone! ill sus out the conversions for the 4y motors and see what i can find.

and thanks for steering me away from that horrible idea of putting the cressida motor in, much appreciated

will also keep the 'mad kents' to a minimum.

haha that video is awesome! i semi shit myself when it took off haha

thanks again guys.

Nik