Tccav Drag Day - March 25Th

silverra23

TCCAV is holding our now annual social Drags Day at Heathcote Park Raceway on Sunday March 25th. (its an open test and tune day at the track)

Its a great social day where you can see just how quick you can get down the quarter mile, and grudge race a few of your fellow Toyota owners.... big trophies are on offer to our members too

Details:

TCCA Members and Friends Drags Day

Sunday 25th March 2011

What you need:

All drivers must be over 18 years of age, if not they must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian

Minimum personal protective equipment required for competitors: Drivers – long trousers, long sleeve shirt or jacket, enclosed shoes and an approved crash helmet.

Sunday

Gates Open: 8.30am

Scrutineering: 10.00am to 3.00pm

Racing: 11.00pm to 4.00pm

Food & Drink

A great range of hot & cold food and drinks are available all day

Racing Entrants

Entry Fee: $60.00 - Admits Driver and Vehicle Only

Spectators

$20.00

Children under 16 Free

Please note: Cash only - no EFTPOS available

Up for grabs are 5 Trophies to TCCA members

1- Quickest reaction time

2- Fastest 60ft time

3- Dial Your Own time

4- Fastest ¼ mile 2lt and under

5- Fastest ¼ mile over 2lt

Cruise there:

Meet at McDonalds 8.00am

Corner of Hume Hwy (Sydney Road) and Mahoneys Rd

Fawkner

More details:

Contact Peter Waddleton on 0416 018133

or by email [email protected]

Directions: Heathcote Park Raceway is 135km from the city centre of Melbourne, travel up the Hume Highway and get off onto the Northern Highway at Wallan, that then continues on to become the McIvor Highway which you follow going through Kilmore, Heathcote and Knowsly, there is a Heathcote Park Raceway exit sign 2km after the small town of Knowsley, the exit is a right hand turn into Barnadown Rd and follow 2km to the track on the right.

I will post up a flyer in the next day or two that gives details on scrutineering requirements.

This is a great event that always gets great feedback from those that attend.

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure; myself, DPB, Evan and Hendo will be coming.

I'm sensing an A vs K carby-engine battle! :lol:

Could be tempted to race the datto!! Have to fit a 3" exhaust(which is harder than it sounds). Then have haltech fitted and tuned. So I've got a bit to do.

Fitting a 3" exhaust, easy! Fitting it so it's legal height, doesn't smack the ground all the time & doesn't scorch your floorpan is another story. Good luck man! :y:

i'll try and get my white car down for a sprint... i've never run a 1/4 mile timed before.... could be interesting

It's good fun man, even if the car in the next lane does a sub-11 second pass like when I went. What's even better is you can hit third gear & keep going, rather than reach the public road speed limit & have to short-shift from second to fifth. :wink:

Fitting a 3" exhaust, easy! Fitting it so it's legal height, doesn't smack the ground all the time & doesn't scorch your floorpan is another story. Good luck man! :y:

Hahaha not so easy, on a 1600! The pipe goes through the rear crossmember, and the hole is not even close to being big enough for a 3" pipe! So I need to pull the entire rear end(crossmember, diff and half shafts etc.) then put the crossmember in the mill and enlarge the hole to 4" then have a 4" od thick wall pipe tig welded in. That's even before I start with the pipe work!!!

Don't think webers will get enough spare time to wire the ecu in either(he's too busy building comp 4X4's ATM). Also to make matters worse I'm working in the pits this weekend at P.I historics and next weekend at the F1's, so sadly I don't think it will be done. =(!!! I'll be pushing though, might just race it as is(5psi) to give a benchmark time.

Stu.