Need Some Simple Advice

Anthh

So I've been talking to a bloke about a ke10 lately and I'm pretty convinced i want to buy it!

only thing is that i live in SYDNEY and the ke10's location is in TASMANIA !!

I've never towed anything in my life before and need some advice

Someone told me it might cost from $200-700 to tow, some people said it needs to be done by boat, I'm so confused :S

Can someone help me out?

cheers :D

Members dont see this ad

Okay.

Below is a map of Australia. Hobart is on that little island at the bottom right. Sydney is about a third of the way up the right side of the big island.

The blue bit in between the small island (Tasmania) and the big island (Australia, most of...) is water.

You can't tow a trailer across water. Therefore going from the little island to the big island will entail going by boat, as a KE10 exceeds your allowable 20 kg checked in baggage limit on any given commercial airline.

If the car is going and rego'd, pay a company to do it. Probably be about $800 from Tassie. (small island.)

post-33-0-46480100-1330780500_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redwarf

Okay.

Below is a map of Australia. Hobart is on that little island at the bottom right. Sydney is about a third of the way up the left side of the big island.

The blue bit in between the small island (Tasmania) and the big island (Australia, most of...) is water.

You can't tow a trailer across water. Therefore going from the little island to the big island will entail going by boat, as a KE10 exceeds your allowable 20 kg checked in baggage limit on any given commercial airline.

If the car is going and rego'd, pay a company to do it. Probably be about $800 from Tassie. (small island.)

ʞ©$ɟ me I lol'd :laff:

But seriously, if it's a runner, fly down, drive to boat, then drive to Sydney.

If's not a runner, replace fly down with drive down. Note that you need to know how long your trailer is for making the booking on the boat.

Also, what's with all the mainlanders buying all their corollas from Tassie?

Forget towing it!

You would need to stay overnight several times going up and down, plus the hassle and the likelyhood of writing yourself off under a truck if you haven't towed before.

Just pay the money to have a car-trucking firm deliver it.

Have you had any of the Tassie boys take a look at it for just how mobile it is??

Forget towing it!

You would need to stay overnight several times going up and down, plus the hassle and the likelyhood of writing yourself off under a truck if you haven't towed before.

Just pay the money to have a car-trucking firm deliver it.

Have you had any of the Tassie boys take a look at it for just how mobile it is??

this is the same car in the for sale thread by simon.

we looked into it, and for allied pickfords to truck it up, was going to cost 1980 dollars..!

i then looked into taking a box down and fitting her to it, then driving her home.

congrats on whoever got her..!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay.

Below is a map of Australia. Hobart is on that little island at the bottom right. Sydney is about a third of the way up the right side of the big island.

hahahahahahahahaha classic