The Magnificent Poo Brown Ke70.

ShowUsYourTints

Gents,

The gentlemen I bought it off is a shade under 60, and bought the car brand new, off the showroom floor back in 1983. It has been garaged all its life, and driven to and from the shops. It has 200,000kms which works out to be around 6800kms a year! Comes with original log books, and a full service history. It has had a bit of rust in the past, but the gentlemen I am purchasing off actually took it to a shop, got the rust cut out, and new metal welded in.

PICS:

IMG_9972.jpg

IMG_9973.jpg

IMG_9974.jpg

IMG_9976.jpg

IMG_9977.jpg

IMG_9984.jpg

IMG_9985.jpg

IMG_9986.jpg

IMG_9987.jpg

Current Plans for the car are as follows:

- Full wash, claybar, polish and wax

- Interior Shampoo + Steam Cleaning

- Engine bay degrease + pulling out parts and repainting BLACK.

- General Maintenence bits and piece

- Full oil change, oil filter, spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter

- Inspect Rust (If any) and attend to accordingly

- Repaint front and rear bars black (Current faded look doesn't appeal to me at all)

- Replace in dash clock, with a speco RPM tacho. (Going to be moulded in from behind for a factory look)

Once the above is done, I have some new suspension parts and wheels coming. Parts include the following.

- Koni Adjustable Shocks Front and Rear

- Lowered H/D Springs with 8kg front, 6kg rear spring rates

- AE86 Power Steering Arms

- XT130 Lower Control Arms

- A set of Rota Shakotans in 15x8 +0 offset config, wrapped with 195/45/15 rubber.

- Fender Mirrors

- Venetian rear shade

- 20mm Front whiteline swaybar, 18mm rear whiteline swaybar.

- All steering bushes and suspension bushes to be replaced with Superpro nolathane.

Once the suspension is sorted, I will look into engine gearbox conversions. There is absolutley no plans for turbocharging this car. At the moment, i'm looking at building an N/A 4AGE.

This car is going to be a daily driver to and from work, and will be smashing corners sideways out at Eastern Creek drift days in no time.

Would like to see some pics of some 15x8 fitted to a KE70 with around a 0 offset.

Cheers,

Shazza

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pick up Shazza :y:

Looks to be very straight and original too, have you considered fitting an orginal tacho

dash and just swapping your current odometer inside it. It'll be easier than retro fitting

an aftermarket tacho.

Ive got a ke70 and as you said the bumpers are not that desirable when dull. Perhaps try Meguiars trim restorer as I witnessed trim in that condition to look as new. What are yuor plans with the rub strips, keep them or remove them?

Keep us posted :)

Needs a EJ25, and VF power ;)

Haha. Just came out of an EJ20 / VF23 Lib Wagon. Wicked motors.

First impressions of the car. It's engine is too small, it's gearbox is missing a gear, it overheats on the highway at anything above 80kmh and also at the slightest hint of a hill on said highway. It's suspension needs replacing, and it needs a wheel bearing.

Little bit of rust around the boot lid, however nothing serious. I have this Friday at work, so I'll go about installing my Alpine CD player, and some focal splits. Also need to fit up the mounting where the CD player will go.

The other thing I'm going to do is pull the dash out, and measure up and see if I can get this tacho I have to fit. Worse case scenario, the dash will be ruined and I will buy another.

Cheers,

Shazza

Plans sound good id say save the head ache and just get a factory tacho cluster also. And my mate has 15x8 0 ofset rbs and they sit flush but rub alot. 195/50 tyres

Because he needs stiffer springs. Possibly an adjustable panhard bar too. ;)

Well, from what I've read so far, it seems like the 15x8 +0 is the way to go, with possibly some 195/45. Maybe even a 50 profile tyre.

Also gunna have a look into 15x8 -11 fitment, and see if I can squeeze them on. I'd imagine with the Konis, LCAs, much firmer spring rates and an adj panhard rod, it should fit with minimal scrubbing. Providing I give the guards a slight massage, which isn't hard.

I know the factory tacho dash would be easier, but pulling it out and fitting an aftermarket one can't be too hard.

Hell, if I can make a STi engine and driveline with a Liberty Wagon, surely a dash mod like that should be do-able. Haha.

Cheers,

Shazza

Very very nice KE70 Shazza. Plans sound very cool too. :y:

If you're going through the process of a 4AGE conversion, you might as well go for the GZE for the extra kick and fun. :)

All the best with it.

Josh :cool:

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Okayyyy, update time.

So tonight I went and purchased some gear for my suspenhsion conversion.

Parts include:

2 x AE86 Sprinter Struts

2 x AE86 Koni Shocks

2 x AE86 Calipers

2 x AE86 ventilated rotors.

2 x AE86 power steering arms (For more lock)

2 x AE86 Castor Rods

2 x braided brake lines.

In addition to the suspension, I also picked up

1 x AE71 Crossmember

2 x TRD Engine Mounts

1 x T50 5 speed manual crossmember.

77b99255.jpg

Basically, suspension wise, I just need to get the front shocks rebuilt, buy some HD front and rear springs or convert AE86 struts to coilovers. Then I need to wait for my Koni Adjustable rear shocks, and AU falcon springs, Also need to find a T18 rear factory swaybar (18mm standard) and then a front swaybar (Probs 22mm).

Going to send the Konis away this week for rebuilding, and also going to get a caliper rebuild kit for the brakes, and purchase some new brake pads. Will prob paint the calipers black. Need to strip down the front struts, and sand/paint, and also send the crossmember off to the sandblasters and then for paint.

Also, test fitted some 15x8 +0 on the car, that have 205/55/15. Definitely not enought stretch, however with some 185/55/15 or 195/55/15, it will look sweet. Definitely will be needing to roll the guards, possibly even flare them a bit more, and run about 3-4 degrees of neg camber on the front to make them streetable.

Pics:

938204d8.jpg

1f28b29d.jpg

d356cc65.jpg

b20a523b.jpg

Cheers,

Shazza

Got a bit bored this arvo after I realised I didn't have a wheel bearing to replace my fscked one with.

I had a 3.25 inch speco RPM tacho, with an internal shift light that I got years back, so I dismantled the housing on the tacho, took the internals out and put them into the dash where the clock was. I accidentally broke the plastic that goes over the front of the cluster, but it was a shitty green color so I'll just the broken one down to a Perspex place ad get them to bang up a new one. It's basically just flat plastic.

The tacho itself is sitting on a bit of an angle, so I'll need to fix that, but it's 10:21pm and I cbf fixing tonight.

d0c35bfe.jpg

Cheers,

Shazza