84 Ke70 Build - Sr20Det

Ridemx21

Members dont see this ad

more engine photos for no real reason

IMG_6380.jpg

IMG_6379.jpg

also want peoples opinion on this cluster, obviously this is just a mock up and ill do it properly if i leave it but seems like it will work better as the speedo, tacho and temp gauge will work and ill only need to modify the fuel gauge where as with the corolla one i need a cable speedo setup, no tacho, need to adapt temp sensor but i will have a fuel gauge and no spacers in the dash. also considering fiberglass to make it flush and also get rid of the standard stereo and put a couple of gauges there instead?

IMG_6368.jpg

I used one on my 30, does everything and are a bargain for the price, I did not have to modify my fuel sender, 1/4 empty is empty

by the looks of it it just works off a potentiometer so it would be easy enough to get it to work accurately, just work out the resistances of the original and modify the toyota to give the correct resistance at full and empty... or just leave it and use it how it is.

I'm selling my GT28 off mine if you're interested

what are the specs on it?

got some stuff done on the rolla today

got some 15s off a friend to see how they would fit, will be using smaller tyres on the final product, but it gives me an idea of how things would fit

IMG_6392.jpg

IMG_6391.jpg

so they don't really fit. will need to get some r31 control arms to bring the track in a bit, ive been told 15-20mm, can anyone confirm this?

the coilovers were wound as high as they would go so i had to move the mounts lower to give them some more length

IMG_6356.jpg

IMG_6389.jpg

IMG_6393.jpg

bolted it all back together and got a much more reasonable height to work with

IMG_6396.jpg

also modified the engine mounts so the engine could sit in the position i wanted. had to drill and die grind a hole in the original mount to give me room for the mount to go through and room for a nut. then weld on a new piece

IMG_6395.jpg

IMG_6394.jpg

got my other coilover apart today and welded in it new position with some fresh paint.

also unbolted the ke70 sway bar/castor rod mount and removed it all to replace with the s13 gear. Scoped out the best place to put it but as the engine is 50mm further forward on the crossmember the sway bar will need to move ~20mm forward to have good clearance from the sump. Which mean i am going to need adjustable castor arms, so if anyone has some for sale PM me.

Got some work on the clutch setup done, flattened out the firewall a bit so it sits flush welded the s13 space thing onto the ke firewall and put it all in place, spent some time bending the clutch pedal and its almost in the right position now. I also replaced the auto brake pedal with a manual unit, which needed the brake switch mount on the pedal cut off and moved to the other side, easy job but a pain when its something you expect to just bolt in.

So next thing on the todo list for the week ahead are;

-make a plate to mount the sway bar/castor rod mount in position

-put another mount on the clutch pedal box to stop it flexing

-make a gearbox crossmember

-mount the clutch slave

-and get some r31 control arms to get rid of some track

removed corolla sway bar, etc

IMG_6399.jpg

made some plates today to mount up the s13 gear, test fit it and I'm happy so ill have tidy up the plate and shape them nicely and mount them for good.

this is how it sits

IMG_6397.jpg

photo of my clutch setup, need some more bending but almost there

IMG_6403.jpg

found a way to join the ke70 steering shaft to the s13 rack.

pulled the steering rack uni off both cars and pulled them apart and put them back together using the shaft end of the ke70 and rack end of the s13 so now they can be joined together without any cutting or dodgey modifying of my steering

IMG_6400.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

found someone i know with an r31 so told him to head round today and i swapped out the lca's to get rid of a bit of track. still thinking i might redrill the lca mounts to push them in a little more which will give me more room to move as far as wheel go.

IMG_6420.jpg

before

IMG_6392.jpg

after

IMG_6422.jpg

with weight on it

IMG_6424.jpg

IMG_6423.jpg

Coilover mod is cool. I've wondered if that was possible before.

I wouldn't be so intent on wiping off all your track. It looks acceptable how it is now. What's the intended use of this car? If it's drifting I'm pretty sure you'll start wacking the wheels into the chassis on lock

The first priority for the car is to get it road registered so massive track isnt desired. Those wheels also have a pretty big offset on them and arent mine. Saying that though when i get wheels ill have much smaller tyres and like you said it doesnt sit too bad how it is but i just want the track to be fairly close to stock for the pits so i don't get hassled then i can worry about making the thing wider later

• 2 weeks later...