4K So Slow!

lplater

ok. So i drove my car for the first time today. and i gotta say, its super slow! Is this normal?

4K engine

3spd box ( i think its coz its a auto 3spd)

I floored it and literally went no where!

the speed didnt cross 50km/h

Will a 5spd improve speed?

Seriously thinking of a 4AGE conversion now :/

Members dont see this ad

It doesnt sounds normal at all, Ive test driven an auto ke70 with close to 400 thousand on it and it went really well driven under normal conditions. As I live in a hilly area I put the foot down and even though it kicked down into 1st or 2nd it was very quiet and civilised and got moving. I think the motor needs a good tune and possibly a fluid change in the auto. My ke70 with 4k goes beautifully and keeps up with the traffic, and I'm not one to labor my cars when driving as I upshift a little earlier.

Should've specified mines a manual :)

But the sooner you find a manual package the better :y:

Edited by Ben-89

Don't worry about it, its just fast enough for an L-plater!

Do you know how to tune the ignition?? If not, research how to set points and timing, try it and come back to us.

Was it running fine for the previous owner? The only way to really find out is go for a drag against another stock 4K.

We bought an auto, changed to manual, did the carb/cams/exhaust and its a little flyer now. It was OK with the auto, but nowhere near as quick and sparkly as the manual.

Do everything as done in here-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/

Sounds like your auto box needs attention, i'd say check the vacuum kick down pipe for leaks and make sure for connections, and more than likely you need to replace the kick down vacuum diaphram unit on the gearbox, this regulates the flow of fluid inside the valve body with throttle response.If the vacuum circut is failing, your box wont operate properly.