69 第十 カローラ (Ke10 Corolla)

Jono.C

Members dont see this ad

Yeah, bore on the carbs

30mm

Pics of rnp steering

I only have one photo which is covered in mud and shiz from where i had it mocked up but.

Ke20 Crossmember (holes welded and re-drilled)

Ke70 rack

Custom mounts with ke70 top rack mounts

Shortened tie rod ends

Ke30 Lca's

Ke10 steering column gutted with ke70 innerds and shotened ends etc to suit ke10 position

As well as ke20 swaybar and castor rod setup.

I'm not happy with my rack mounts though, so i'll re-do them or weld ke70 ones on or something.

(Sorry about the photo)

4-3.jpg

Man it'll be so much better, swaybar, castor adjustment, negative camber, disk brakes, tight rack, just need to get the rack mounts checked and put the coilovers together and it'll be an entirely different beast to drive.

Cheers Snot, I'm getting pretty keen to use them, got a lot of stuff laying out to put to use at the moment

Well i'm no engineer..

It's ke70 geometry really but will look to work very well in a ke10

I really think i'll make another crossmember in a month or 2 once this ones running, Just drive this see how it goes and make one with ke70 rack mounts this time instead of the custom ones

Also a shortened rack would be a nice feature

Edited by Jono.C

Also, I got a new boot!

IMAG0936.jpg

Yes it's a different year but meh. Little bit of rust and there's some dents i'll need to fix but..

The little tabs under the numberplate were the worst part.. They just rusted out and the boot was about to rust behind them.. So took them off and ground it back to rust proof it.

IMAG0968.jpg

Took the crossmember back to bare metal and coated it in chassis black with the Compressor and Gun.

Now just needs a lock spacer put in and it's sweet.

IMAG0987-1_zpsb1667c3c.jpg

More work on the bootlid. The stuff on the primer is spot putty, I didn't want to bog it so as a result i had a few little paint chips in places or little pin dents i couldn't hammer out. Much better than bog.

Should be painted in the next couple of days.

IMAG0993_zpsbaa7ad87.jpg

IMAG1000_zpsda5fb03b.jpg

Edited by Jono.C