Convert To Manual, Or Pay $2000 Ish To Rebuild The Toyoglide And

nerfbat

as per thread topic, my ke10 has a Toyoglide, which i was fully prepared to Shift kit, slightly higher stall, and reco.

but its gonna cost about 2k...

i have most, if not all, of the bits to convert it to a manual.

so my question is,

do i convert to a manual 4spd(as its all i have laying around)?

or do i pay the cash and get the auto rebuilt, tricked and then keeping the car original?

thoughts?

Edited by nerfbat

Members dont see this ad

$300~ Manual conversion which will make it more drivable and fun or $2k on a 2 speed auto?

I'd go manual. Keep the auto gear so you can put it back to stock one day if you want, Exactly what i'm doing with mine

If you use a ke55 gearbox it comes through the original auto hole so you wont be chopping it up and hacking so much

Yeah, but isn't that top gear? :)

Decide what you want with the car. If it's clean and 100% original maybe you have some reason to keep it that way. Personally, I'd swap it to manual, but driving an auto is dull for me. You'll probably getter better performance as people have mentioned.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm in the process of doing this at the moment. The old glide was cactus so i'm putting a 4 speed from my other ke10 in it. I can so far tell ya the gearbox bellhousing bolts are an absolute prick to get to with the engine in but it will be so much better to drive in my opinion. Going by those diff ratio's i might swap diffs too. 2k is a bit rich for a gearbox rebuild for a little rolla isn't it?