Help Starter Motor

pro_driver

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try use an impact gun if you can, just remember to use impact sockets not regular ones.

Else if its a tight space cut off ring spanner and use hammer and drift ie long bit of pipe

or wood stud on the cut end of the bolt to drive it, just make sure you are undoing it not tightnening

it up else the head will snap. A lot of people have cut off spanners for exactly this.

Also get some good penetrating spray and soak it a few times that stuff works wonders and

is well worth it.

If it is suddenly working now it suggests a bad connection on the starter that you have inadvertently fixed. At least you now have some experience for the next time it happens.

Idle speed doesn't burn that much fuel unless you spend a lot of time idling. You will see the screw at the end of the throttle linkage on the carb, screwing it in just opens the throttle a bit. I can't photograph mine for you as I gave it away & fitted SU carbs.

Along with that is the idle mixture screw, which determines the fuel to air ratio at idle, and you should set that to give maximum idle speed before you set the idle speed screw. Wind the mixture in and then out in half-turn amounts to pick the fastest smooth idle speed, (with a warm engine) then adjust the actual idle speed screw to get it where you want it.

Over heating is a separate issue, you may find your motor is running around the maximum capacity your cooling system can handle. That could be from a dirty radiator, poor thermostat, worn water pump, incorrect gauge or sensor.... you would need to do a bit of checking of the components to see if each is OK. Start a new topic on that if you think its a problem.

Just a question- does your car have bolts and nuts on the starter motor, or just bolts that screw into a thread??

Edited by altezzaclub

There is key at the button of driver seat that key is to turn on off fuel just in cased someone try to break in, the problem is lost one of the keys now that turn of the fuel that mean can't start the car.. everytime try to start it shut down.. does anyone if mechanic could fix that problem an make the car running again????.. I'm having a bad day today...

It's electrical but properly going to cost me fortune fixing it.. Ohh well Fuk it do or die for my belove ke70 wagon... I think money comes an money goes it just one of bad luck for me that lost that key... I'm willing to suffer fixing that problem but will make sure learn from my mistakes.. I bord the car too desperate then found out there like million problems, sometimes just wanted to give up fixing this piss of sh$t but the other hand don't want to give up just want it to work so I can enjoy driving and keep this in garage just look at it everyday.. :'(

Edited by pro_driver

The starter motor may be fine, but the solenoid that activates it has contacts that carry the high current, and they do burn out.

You could rejoin the fight to remove it and take the starter into a shop to have it checked, or you could pay them to fight it out of the car. The auto electrician will tell you what its worth to fix or buy a reconditioned one. If you're in a capital city in Aussie there are probably members near you who know about these things.

Make sure you discnnect the battery before sticking a spanner under there!

I'll do that ke70dave, hopefully today, just contact towel truck cost me 60 bucks to come pass my house an pick the car up.. I've also contact the mechanic he told me 250 dollors to fixed starter motor so what do you all think rip off or alright price???

Edited by pro_driver