Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Mtb Thread

Featured Replies

Ride report yet?

  • Replies 59
  • Views 98.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • So you want to be able to go up hills aswell? You probably wouldn't need to spend $2k. You'd be able to get onto something good for between $700-1200. With your budget your pricing yourself away from

Posted Images

I don't really have much to compare it to. Far exceeds anything I've ever ridden before. Inspires confidence from the moment you get on it. Pedal bob is minimal on the flat and the lockouts easy to reach for powering up hills. Suspension does what you'd expect it to do. Tyres (Conti Race King 2.2s) are great off road and will tolerate road use without alerting the entire neighborhood to your presence.

 

That video's awesome Stu!

i have a series of videos at home which are very simliar to that.

 

half the video is the guys building the tracks, the other half of them is the guys riding them, all done to sweet music. and they go for a long time, almost 1hr each i think.

 

i belive they are called "new world disorder"

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Disorder_%28film_series%29

 

if you can get a copy they are well worth the watch. i am missing the last few, i didnt realise they made more, ill have to get on that....

  • Author

i have a series of videos at home which are very simliar to that.

 

half the video is the guys building the tracks, the other half of them is the guys riding them, all done to sweet music. and they go for a long time, almost 1hr each i think.

 

i belive they are called "new world disorder"

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Disorder_%28film_series%29

 

if you can get a copy they are well worth the watch. i am missing the last few, i didnt realise they made more, ill have to get on that....

 

Ah yeah they've made some killer vids!!

"CKD" or collectively kranking the disorder is another great one from the guys at piston broke productions.

"roam" is another favorite of mine, has the best whistler segment in it.

Speaking of whistler, the guy I got my old beater from had a lot to do with the indoor "street park" at whistler.

Most creativly shot freeride vid goes to:

 

:laff:

 

Inspires confidence from the moment you get on it. Pedal bob is minimal on the flat and the lockouts easy to reach for powering up hills. Suspension does what you'd expect it to do. Tyres (Conti Race King 2.2s) are great off road and will tolerate road use without alerting the entire neighborhood to your presence.

 

That video's awesome Stu!

 

Sounds like a winner for you, how are the brakes? Might look at a set of those tyres for my off-road rims. :y:

 

+1, watching that got me thinking that you'd really have to seriously know those trails? Just by my thinking, there's no way you could just show up at a place you've never ridden or don't ride often, pull off those kinda moves & not go away in an ambulance? Perhaps I'm just jealous because I know I'll never have that kinda skill on a bike nor the extra 5 inches of travel front/rear, would be happy to just land a jump, nevermind the Superman-seatgrabs etc. :)

Sounds like a winner for you, how are the brakes? Might look at a set of those tyres for my off-road rims. :y:

 

jizz in my pants gif.gif

 

I've never had a bike with discs before and now I wonder why you'd bother with anything else. One fingers usually enough force. They bite like all hell if you grab the brakes hard, nearly sent myself over the handle bars once in the first few rides.

 

One thing I noticed is that the bikes not hugely dynamically stable. I'm assuming its the 26" rims giving less gyroscopic stability. It's not a bad thing, makes it feel really nimble, just something I've noticed after riding bikes with larger diameter rims.

  • Author

Haha each section of trail gets dialed in before they pull the camera out.

Don't stress about those superman seat grabs, the two alley-oop 360's are my favorite part.

 

Good to hear your enjoying your new weapon Ben!!!

I'm still trying to figure out, if I buy a new DH'er, a Harley or go to SEMA in Vegas for 10days in October. :(

I've got some more vids coming, that will blow a few people away!!

  • Author

I've never had a bike with discs before and now I wonder why you'd bother with anything else. One fingers usually enough force. They bite like all hell if you grab the brakes hard, nearly sent myself over the handle bars once in the first few rides.

 

One thing I noticed is that the bikes not hugely dynamically stable. I'm assuming its the 26" rims giving less gyroscopic stability. It's not a bad thing, makes it feel really nimble, just something I've noticed after riding bikes with larger diameter rims.

 

Disks are awesome!! What diameter are the disks?

I'll post up a link of the crazy brakes my mate runs on his DH'er!!

I know my bike gets better the faster I go, not just stability but also suspension. But I really like a snappy handling bike(which is why I run the forks I do).

I've never had a bike with discs before and now I wonder why you'd bother with anything else. One fingers usually enough force. They bite like all hell if you grab the brakes hard, nearly sent myself over the handle bars once in the first few rides.

 

One thing I noticed is that the bikes not hugely dynamically stable. I'm assuming its the 26" rims giving less gyroscopic stability. It's not a bad thing, makes it feel really nimble, just something I've noticed after riding bikes with larger diameter rims.

 

I did that the first time I rode a disc brake equipped bike, lesson 1 for me: Gently! :lol:

 

I run 26" on my hybrid (can't run bigger) & have ridden a frame with 29". The 26's definitely feel more agile but seem to lack the higher speed stability of the 29's, which would be nice to have for the channel runs river trails. When it comes to dodging west Melbournes traffic, I'll take 26's. :wink:

 

I'm still trying to figure out, if I buy a new DH'er, a Harley or go to SEMA in Vegas for 10days in October. :(

I've got some more vids coming, that will blow a few people away!!

 

My vote's for Vegas.....I mean, SEMA! If you're thinking holiday, I reckon you need/deserve one. :y:

All the films by 'The Collective' (Now known as 'Anthill Films' I'm pretty sure) are freakin amazing.

 

My favourite clip is the whislter section from Seasons.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6faW3Jqjw

 

 

 

 

 

And by the way, i'd go for the holiday to vegas for sure!

Edited by JimL

Lesson learned: Always take a pump and a spare tube on a long ride.

 

Luckily I was riding with someone who went back and grabbed a car to pick me up. Got a small cut on the inside of the tube but I can't see anything in the rim that would have cut it there.

Yep pinch-flats are probably the most common type of punchers. Time to go tubeless! :yes:

Edited by JimL

  • Author

could have pinched it rather than cut it.

 

doesnt take much to roll a tyre and pinch an inner tube :(

 

Yep especially with OEM tubes.

Are you worried about weight Ben?? There are a few "thorn proof" of "heavy duty" tubes on the market, only downside is extra weight. I've got a pair of HD's in my bike. I haven't had a flat for two seasons.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.