The Mtb Thread

I have a Trek Fuel 70 if memory serves correctly, it goes up hills, it goes down hills quite a bit quicker (Remind anyone of a KE?), it does offroad, and I can jump it respectable distances without dying (again, KE), it's like a 2 wheeled Corolla! :laff:

I'd take a photo, but it's currently stuck in the stairwell..... :hmm:

I do want a downhill bike, but I just can't justify yet another bike..... damn

Edited by Toy-Yoda

Members dont see this ad

Sweet, my kind of thread!

I'm running a Giant Reign 0 with Fox Talas 36's on the front, x.9 stuff and ex721 rims. It does well, I do a bit of DH to get to work. :) Also have a little STP with Argyles for doing the pump track/jump thing. She's getting a bit dusty at the moment though :/ I'll have to take a photo when I finally get them clean! :)

Shiiit, going back a fair while I had a STP with argyle 302's, sold that and got a nighttrain with 3" badabing bars, damn fun, sold that and built a dmr transition with height adjustable pikes and ended up getting another nighttrain frame. Found out if you keep winding pikes down they go down further than they're supposed to, set them at 70mm with full stiffness was like rigids. Sold em all about 4 years ago. Good fun though

Yeah, I have to say, it is awesome. Climbing is OK, I've got it built on the heavier side so that's to be expected, but boy does it rip down! The only down side at the moment is I managed to crack my 2009 version, then the 2010 they replaced it with. I now have a 2011 that looks awesome but I can't put a chain guide on it! :/ It's kinda noisy at the moment. But yes, the 36's suit it very very well :)

The reign's are pretty sweet.

Just got back from a bit of a thrash!! Tried a pair of "world cup" 888 bombers, they work great and with flat triple clamps don't alter the geometry. Still having to decide if I upgrade the bike, or just use these forks. Main problem is the guys I ride with race either expert or elite class and some of their machines are crazy. So when my mate who I bought the Kona off, asks for a ride it's hard to say no as his yetti is worth bucket loads. It's also so hard to give it back, she's a burger with the lot. The new upside down manitou darado(spelling?) are f'ing mental, but the best bit is his Hope brakes. 6 piston ti calipers with vented floating hat disks on the front with the only change on the rear is a 4 piston ti caliper. Nomnomnom!!!

Edited by kickn5k

Just thought I would chuck up my rig. It's a tomac primer 220 that I bought of a world cup racer, was raced one race. He was selling due to new sponsorship so I got it cheap. He brought it down to Adelaide at the nationals at eagle on the hill. Soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it toke it for a ride and bought it on the spot. I bought it with all the top of the line parts the only thing I changed was the Handle bars. Rides amazingly over the ruff stuff, I use to race our state rounds but don't have the time any more. I also had a pretty bad crash (story for another time) so its been sitting in the shed. Going for a ride some time soon hopefully I still know how to ride haha.

P1170126.jpg

I also have a giant comp 8 great bike has 7 inches of travel up front 8 on the back and can still climb hills like a xc bike.

Thanks guys, hopefully getting to ride it some time this week. Forks are starting to leak it hasn't been ridden in so long.

haha my stoppers guessing brakes, well they are 8 inch rotors with a four piston caliper front and rear. retail for 300 each i think i would recommend them to any one. so much adjustment you can adjust the bite force and pad gap by a turn of a knob. they are pretty heavy almost 500g but worth it.