Ae71 To T18/te72 Lift Back Front End Conversion

Members dont see this ad

Why change Pedalbox? It's already hydraulic clutch. Just change the master cylinder

If the clutch master has clearance to the engine, I wouldn't even change that either. Might just need a new rubber line if the fitting is different.

These are a t series already why not fit a 3tg-te???

Because if he's using the rack and pinion the steering column will stick further inward of the car then the t18s steering box. Sooo you would use the matching pedal box to get the right alignment yeah? You could make it work with the t18 one though i guess, then sell the ae71 pedal box for a couple grand

• 3 weeks later...

ive put the rack and pinion in, without changing my pedal box.

everyting seems to be the same between the 2 models. no cutting or drilling required.

only thing i am unsure about is the splin for the shaft only sits in about 15-20mm, just past the locking bolt.

the splin has a lip so it can't travel past the bolt. is the splin in enough or will it couse damage?

i have changed the crossmember, shaft, column and the boot thing or what every it is called where the column passes threw the firewall. everything has bolted up nicely. without having to drill or cut anything.

only thing I'm unsure about is the shaft that joins the rack.

can't get the upload to work or i would post a photo

Edited by crustydemons666

alright sweet, feel a bit safer now... haha

cheers

so on that note, the cross member, comlumn, shaft, boot thing, shocks/springs and sway bar all bolt straight up from the ae71 to the t18. no drilling, cutting or changing pedal box.

any questions about the conversion PM me.

Edited by crustydemons666