3a-u?

Dan

Well I got chatting to a towie that collects the old cars for scrap metal. He reckons that at the moment he has two corollas in his front yard, one ae82 shitbox and an "import RWD corolla with a 3a-u engine in it".

I've tried googling it and the only corolla I can find, through foriegn Toyota engine lists, is the 'AE60' model corolla.

Except for the fact that I can't find any AE60s that exist on google, or rollaclub.

I presume that it must be an AE50 or KE50, and it was simply a typo on the engine list.

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,

Dan.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it might be a toyota corolla II, i had one its the model after the rwd but before the ae82 fxgt and it had a 3a-u mounted north-south BUT the diff is sorta under the motor making it fwd.. i brought mine at a auction thinking it was rwd, got home did a skid.. was rather confused, crawed under and wow theres driveshafts under the front :cool:

or its a AE86 levin/tureno :)

Edited by Boost+k

Well, by the end of the night, I should have a photo of the car.

According to him, its had a small bingle in the front, is RWD and has a 3A-U engine, and is an import.

Gee I hope it is an AE85... somehow, for $100, i doubt it :cool: but I can get my hopes up.