Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3a-u?

Featured Replies

Well I got chatting to a towie that collects the old cars for scrap metal. He reckons that at the moment he has two corollas in his front yard, one ae82 shitbox and an "import RWD corolla with a 3a-u engine in it".

 

I've tried googling it and the only corolla I can find, through foriegn Toyota engine lists, is the 'AE60' model corolla.

 

Except for the fact that I can't find any AE60s that exist on google, or rollaclub.

 

I presume that it must be an AE50 or KE50, and it was simply a typo on the engine list.

 

Can anyone help me with this?

 

Cheers,

Dan.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Tercel being one of those rolla wagons?

 

I know the 3a-u is a 1497cc (close to that anyway :cool:) engine.

 

I thought that any after late 80's corolla was front wheel drive, or AWD....

 

Cheers,

Dan.

Yup, except to what ive been told, they were 3AC's - and they were Ae80's - slooow things :cool:

  • Author

Thought the Tercell would be both AWD and too new for scrap metal....

 

Wonder what it is, I'll get him to get some more info....

 

Dan.

Offtopic: The early orig aw11's (aw10 to be correct) had 3au's aswell.

Not all "tercels" were the 4wd wagons.... I had a pic of a tercel that looked like a down-syndrome love child of a KE70 2dr and a mitsubishi nimbus!!

 

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

  • Author

Hehe I hope its the downsyndromes love child of a corolla, cos that sort of thing appeals to me...

 

Lol.

 

He is going to send me some pictures anyway, so I'll soon work out what it is...

 

Dan.

it might be a toyota corolla II, i had one its the model after the rwd but before the ae82 fxgt and it had a 3a-u mounted north-south BUT the diff is sorta under the motor making it fwd.. i brought mine at a auction thinking it was rwd, got home did a skid.. was rather confused, crawed under and wow theres driveshafts under the front :cool:

 

or its a AE86 levin/tureno :)

Edited by Boost+k

  • Author
ae86

Yeah I wish; i think everyone knows how good they are :cool:

 

Maybe its the corollaII, soon i'll have a pic anyway.

 

Dan.

  • Author

Well, by the end of the night, I should have a photo of the car.

 

According to him, its had a small bingle in the front, is RWD and has a 3A-U engine, and is an import.

 

Gee I hope it is an AE85... somehow, for $100, i doubt it :cool: but I can get my hopes up.

chances on an ae85 in oz are about as high as a *e7* coupe but we can hope!

  • Author

Well, he did say that it was an import though. Hence my optimism :cool:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.