3a-u?

Dan

i reckon that would have been alright, but i mean 4age started when...like 85 or was it later? was when it first saw the light, and it was toyotas first crossflow small engine, i don't know about bigger engines, but really they were well behind alot of other manufacturers and even then it was only in the performance range, not an everyday motor, even ford ran crossflow in lasers etc before then, in just their normal cars.

but toyotas caught up now which is the main thing :(

:) can't stop thinking of the possibilities of that 3kr, its definitely interesting

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2T-G engine was standard in the GT model, which was not mass released in Australia. The 2T-G is a 4 cylinder in line DOHC displacing 1588cc's. It features: “a cross-flow head with center sparking plugs; Water jacketed aluminum alloy intake manifolds for quicker warm-up and prevention of carburetor icing: Dual solex “40 PHH†carburetors with idle limiter and double floats for ideal response under hard cornering, quick acceleration, fast stopping; Five-bearing crankshaft for smoothness and added durability; Pistons with a special auto-thermic plate built-in preventing deformation under extreme heat and keeping proper spacing and alignment between piston and cylinder wall – a feature developed through the stresses of racing; A 9.8:1 compression ratio for more power with less fuel. This 2T-G type engine puts out a maximum horsepower of 124 at 6400 rpm with a maximum torque of 15.6 m-kg (113 ft-lb) at 5200 rpmâ€. (As specified in the Toyota Sales leaflet)

i stand corrected, but even in the 80's the corolla still went without crossflow :(

oh well, the 1g fixes all that :)

weren't the 2t-g etc crossflow???? and releised in the 70's? i havent had much to do with this so correct me if i'm wrong...

2T engine is allso crossflow and it is as old as K-series.

The 3K-R is classified to FIA rallyecar. TE47 if i remember correctly, i can check this later...

Ah, the serenity.

Just came back from a 'relaxing' weekend in Bonniedoon, haha, to realise that the bloke hasnt sent me the bloody pictures. Oh well. Will post them when they are recieved lol...

Dan.0

If there is one thing I like more than serenity, it's the sound of a 2 stroke engine at full noise!! haha