Ryan's Formerly Owned Te31

Skellington

Ok guys, It is finally time for me to join you all as I am now the owner of what I would guess is a TE30 (its a TE31) Corolla 1976. I have been a long time lurker but since I bought the car, ill make an account to share this beauty with you all. After looking on ads for a few months looking for the right deal, I found this car for sale for a very low price, and it was ONLY 3.5 HOURS AWAY!

The car is a: "Deluxe edition" (whatever that means) 1.6 engine, Automatic 4 (lol I wish, only 3) spd trans, rear defrost (oh yes), and the car has 37k original miles. PO's just purchased the car 3 months ago from the original owner (old lady that lost her licence). The car is VERY well maintained (more of so so) maintenance wise and besides the falling on its genitelia while trying to idle it runs amazing. One of the things it needs is some carb work. It seems as if there is a MAJOR vaccume leak, or it suckked up some junk from the bottom of the gas tank. Compared to a motorcycle, I would guess that the main jet or needle valve would have crap clogging it. I obviously don't know about these perticular carbs, but intend to learn.

Ended up getting the car which started the "adventure" home. Stop and go traffic was BAD without an idle and an auto trans. Once I got it on the freeway I hauled balls all the way home. Did not have 1 problem. Here are some pics:

2012-05-26074736.jpg

2012-05-26074558.jpg

2012-05-26074625.jpg

2012-05-26074712.jpg

2012-05-26074646.jpg

And its little OUCH!

img000_4-1.jpg

Edited by Skellington

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome. This car is fun to drive. I went to the auto parts store and its a windy road with ups and downs. I had to order some stuff from their warehouse so ill have to go back later (don't threaten me with another good drive). Soon ill tear into the carb and find what is making the idle stumble. I'm gonna let it cool and ill finish up the tune up that was started (oil change air filter etc.). I am excited to start modding / restoring this gem. I'm love'in the 2 door.

I gave my car a wash. I polished a bit of the hood to see what the original paint would look like. I hope you guys don't mind me posting pics often of what I do to my car. I have to do something about that big dent on the rear passenger side. I think I need some different seats too: the original ones are all lumpy / dumpy. Could go with some aluminum rims and a turbo too. :D

For your viewing pleasure:

2012-05-27092758.jpg

2012-05-27092821.jpg

2012-05-27092853.jpg

Heres the buffing that I started:

2012-05-26164801.jpg

Make this thing m.int.

Probably not going to happen. Unless I find another to make my "fun car". This car is actually my new commuter, so I plan to put AC in and maybe some other luxuries such as a FM radio etc. Whatever I change on this one will be in a way that I can change it back if I wanted. I can put all the spare parts in my garage attic.

As for mods...

I had to work overtime this weekend, so I was only able to get some new seats at the parts yard. They closed before I could get more. My wife ,the wonderful woman that she is, is at the parts yard as I type this. She is getting me some Toyota Celica / Supra mags in overrated condition (15s I think). She is yanking a turbo / intercooler setup for my car. Days like these I KNOW I pickked the right girl.

These are what the rims look like. I am sure they have been used before. Ill probably go with a somewhat low profile tire streched just a little to help with clearance. I am not totaly sure, but I may have to use spacers.

tumblr_ljv55k96lJ1qb815co1_500.jpg

MA61 rims. So cool, will look great. They have a bit of offset so will sit good on your car too.

I want more info on the missus, sounds like you got a keeper there :D

And if you end up like most of us your commuter will suddenly become your fun car. Mine is both.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Found a set yet?

Yes. I got a complete set from a cecelia supra that was at the scrap yard. They are overrated minus very small blemishes that may even polish out. Ill have to get some new rubber on them.

Where do you live mate? Looks nice over there!

I live in the middle of california, usa, sierra mountains.

looking good mate good to see a 30 2 door being reserected (pitty about the rear quarter but it is not too bad a repair to do just take your time and it will look like new again)

I agree. I was looking for a 2 door or a hatch/fast back. Took me a while to find one.

By all means post as many pictures as you like :kewlpics:

Will do!