Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Strut Inserts For Ke10, Can I Use Up To '74 Model?

Featured Replies

Greetings all...Looking in my Haynes manual, I only see one measurement for the strut no matter if a 1.1, a 1.2 or a 1.6 Corolla !967-1974. Shopping at RockAutoParts.com...they show a strut insert for a 1973 1.2 but for nothing earlier. Would this work in my KE10 strut tower. I think mine are blown cuz it rides like a rock now. I seem to live in a Elder Corolla free zone so I have to work with what I've got...no going out and finding KE20's or 30's parts laying around.

A bloke i know down here in Tassie put ke20 strut inserts in his ke10 struts. From memory he said they were a longer stroke.

 

But, You guys got TE not Ke.. And i'm thinking they might be different struts.. Could be wrong but..

 

Also if you're talking about putting ke20 struts in your ke10? Stu (kick5k) has ke20 struts in his ke10 and reckons there's some positive camber going on

  • Author

mines a KE10L K-C and here's the strut if this helps...

Picture121.jpg

I have heard mazda rx5 inserts will fit with 20mm spacer. its approx 25mm shorter at extended length so might suit a lowered spring or ke20 spring with ke20 top hat? Anyone confirm this?

Not sure. I doubt it to be honest.. Ke20 spring is about half a coil longer than ke10.. Plus it's about double the thickness so it wont compress anywhere near enough..

 

It might if you can get it to all compress

  • Author

here's what my handy dandy much worn Haynes says...usually if there is a difference it will say so, but it's been known to be wrong

Picture136.jpg

Picture137.jpg

  • Author

sounds like they will work, I may need a spacer...ordering them tonite...thanks a heap guys

  • Author

Well from here the answer is no....I ordered the '73 strut inserts...the body is shorter and doesn't fit to the bottom of the tube, the length wouldn't matter so much, a large size old socket or something could drop in the tube first to take up the space but it stops 2 inches from being inside the tube far enough to get the top screwed on. The KE10 strut gets a tad bit narrower at the bottom. The top of the rod is shorter where the threads are and would not reach through the top cap to get the nut started. I had to put the worn out one back in, now...what to do with struts i can't use.....gotta call to see what the return will take....and keep trying to find something that will work.

Edited by CorollaNut69

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Tokico S1002, but there is also a KYB part number on the box KC2005.

 

Diameter of these inserts: 38mm

 

Body length 431mm

 

Stroke 190mm

Thanks...so far I cannot find them for sale anywhere

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.