Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Otomoto Coilovers

Featured Replies

Hey lads has anyone had any bad experiences using otomoto coilover kits? I'm looking at using them to make a pair of coilovers for my falcon and I know afew guys on here run them and I havn't heard any bad stories about them, so I thought I would ask before jumping into the deep end

Mine seem all good so far.

 

And they're HSD coilovers, they're just sold through otomoto

 

HSD stuff shreds.

I have an Otomoto coilover kit installed on the struts in my daily KE70, it seems good, I've never had any issues with them. However I have some how accumulated many paris of Otomoto upper spring seats and they are very flat. They look like they would foul on the camber plates if you were running a bit of neg camber. Though I'm not sure about that because I ditched the Otomoto upper spring seats in favour of some T3 ones when I bought camber plates.

 

Edit: Just google HSD coilover kits and the upper spring seat has a reasonable taper on it. Mine are very old so they may have changed since then.

Edited by rian

  • Author

The camber on a falcon isnt adjusted like an import at the strut top its in the top of the hub setup(hard to explain without photos) so the shock is centred fullstop which makes life a shitload easier when fitting and removing.

 

I am only asking about the otomoto(hsd) kit because nobody makes coilovers for Au falcon IRS, so I need to make my own like you do on the front of the rollas

done them on my ke26, very easy to do yourself, if your good with the welder and a grinder.. car rides really well with them

have them in the ke20 nothing to complain about with them they work fine

What spring rate did people choose when putting these in an early corolla? How does it feel for street use etc?

 

Do they do any spring rate you want?

I'm running the HSD's in the front of the 38. No issues here.

 

Chris, I'm running 4.5's in the 38. Firm but not too harsh for an old KE on Adelaide roads.

  • Author

What spring rate did people choose when putting these in an early corolla? How does it feel for street use etc?

 

Do they do any spring rate you want?

 

If you want a different spring rate you just have to tell them when purchasing them from what they say on the sight

 

Seems like they will be the go then if nobody is having any dramas with them :D , thanks for the feedback lads appreciate it

I when for a 4kg spring for my little bomb and the ride is nice. (I do not want a harsh ride and i’m not after super hard, like they are all wanting for drifting)

I'm fairly sure the coilvoer kit i had on my ke70 was an otomoto kit. seemed to work fine.

 

in response to rians problem with the top hat sitting flat with the camber top, i had this problem, i just got the local machine shop to machine up a spacer, cost me like $30 i think for 2. sorted that problem out.

 

the real difference between coiloer kits seem to be the weld on type (steel thread) and the bolt on/set screw type (alloy thread)

 

no way id have any set screws in any of my suspension, but not sure on the legalities of welding suspension either.

  • Author

If I do get pinned for having the coilovers in the rear, I do have a set of SSL king springs and shocks to go back in, it would just be nice to have abit of adjustability with ride height so when its driving daily it would sit where an SSL king spring would sit (just ontop of the tire) and for shows and shit like downshift meets and jdmst stuff I can wind it right down and piss off all the Silvia and skyline owners :D

What spring rate did people choose when putting these in an early corolla? How does it feel for street use etc?

 

Do they do any spring rate you want?

i went with 5kg but should have got 4kg

I think the website lists the spring rate options

I got 6kg for my ke10.

 

Think i'll be sending them back in favor of 5kg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.