Otomoto Coilovers

SLW42

Hey lads has anyone had any bad experiences using otomoto coilover kits? I'm looking at using them to make a pair of coilovers for my falcon and I know afew guys on here run them and I havn't heard any bad stories about them, so I thought I would ask before jumping into the deep end

Members dont see this ad

I have an Otomoto coilover kit installed on the struts in my daily KE70, it seems good, I've never had any issues with them. However I have some how accumulated many paris of Otomoto upper spring seats and they are very flat. They look like they would foul on the camber plates if you were running a bit of neg camber. Though I'm not sure about that because I ditched the Otomoto upper spring seats in favour of some T3 ones when I bought camber plates.

Edit: Just google HSD coilover kits and the upper spring seat has a reasonable taper on it. Mine are very old so they may have changed since then.

Edited by rian

The camber on a falcon isnt adjusted like an import at the strut top its in the top of the hub setup(hard to explain without photos) so the shock is centred fullstop which makes life a shitload easier when fitting and removing.

I am only asking about the otomoto(hsd) kit because nobody makes coilovers for Au falcon IRS, so I need to make my own like you do on the front of the rollas

What spring rate did people choose when putting these in an early corolla? How does it feel for street use etc?

Do they do any spring rate you want?

If you want a different spring rate you just have to tell them when purchasing them from what they say on the sight

Seems like they will be the go then if nobody is having any dramas with them :D , thanks for the feedback lads appreciate it

I'm fairly sure the coilvoer kit i had on my ke70 was an otomoto kit. seemed to work fine.

in response to rians problem with the top hat sitting flat with the camber top, i had this problem, i just got the local machine shop to machine up a spacer, cost me like $30 i think for 2. sorted that problem out.

the real difference between coiloer kits seem to be the weld on type (steel thread) and the bolt on/set screw type (alloy thread)

no way id have any set screws in any of my suspension, but not sure on the legalities of welding suspension either.

If I do get pinned for having the coilovers in the rear, I do have a set of SSL king springs and shocks to go back in, it would just be nice to have abit of adjustability with ride height so when its driving daily it would sit where an SSL king spring would sit (just ontop of the tire) and for shows and shit like downshift meets and jdmst stuff I can wind it right down and piss off all the Silvia and skyline owners :D

What spring rate did people choose when putting these in an early corolla? How does it feel for street use etc?

Do they do any spring rate you want?

i went with 5kg but should have got 4kg

I think the website lists the spring rate options