Frknstn V6 Ke70

frknstn

are you set on going turbo? the series i'm getting in are around 300hp, not allowed to do a whole lot to get that either, rpm is set at 6250rpm, pretty much no port work, just heads shaved, cam and a adjustable ecu, can adjust fuel and timing, not allowed to change rev limit, so if you revved one to 7k, some porting and maybe twin throttle bodies, heads shaved and a cam would easy make 300-350 and would sound sweet.

thats just just me though, i do prefer the sound of n/a motors haha

Members dont see this ad

either way is good, i really wanna build a hot n/a ecotec with no rules to follow, and want one in a old toyota, most likely a ke70 though.

my v6 i'm building atm for my racecar will be around 280hp, there is still a few little things the rules allow you to do, but the cost a fair bit for little gain, but for now it will be fine

Edited by glenpos

so didnt get the t25.

but have sourced a manifold setup for a buick 6 for a measly $300. its in albury but so gotta leave it at a mates place till december when my old mans going down.

will just have to cut and match it to the ecotec not much work really. and will be going with a gt35 instead. so will be starting to collect parts for it.

you might already know, but just incase you didn't the port spacing is different on ecotec's to the older v6's, on the older ones the inlet ports are all pretty close together, and the exhaust ports 2 are close together and one is alot further away, where as on the ecotec the inlets are spaced evenly too but are all further apart, and the exhaust ports are all spaced evenly, so they won't match the ports straight to each other, cheers

yeah i know. thats why i have to modify this one to fit. still only having to modify it slightly is alot easier than making up a whole setup. so I'm happy to do so. also the turbo sit right infront of the engine so i will be lengthening the pipe towards one corner for room. again will be fairly basic just cutting out and adding more length.

will have my turbo manifold next weekend. old mans going down and gonna pick it up for me while hes down there.

engine is out and old 4k engine mounts have been cut of and in the process of grinding down smooth. will be redoing the v6 engine mounts and getting the engine as far back as possible there is about 3-4 more inches i can get it back to the fire wall but i don't know how far i can go with the ecotec sump will sort that out once i have it pulled out tomorrow.