Frknstn V6 Ke70

frknstn

so ive decided to lose the hilux diff and its dodgy build quality after my ʞ©$ɟup when making it. and will be picking up a r31 diff thats already converted just needs the panhard fixed. so back to four stud for me. and these wheels will most likely end up on the falcon monter truck up at the property if knowone wants em

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

the week started off pretty damn good. re did the engine mounts from the dodge old gaslesswelded scrap shit mounts the guy i got it off made. made new ones out of old control arms and some 3mm plate and tig welded them to the crossmember used tghe plate to add more side to side strength with the control arms getting mounted at an angle to suit the engine mounts.

post-16472-0-85885800-1385719597_thumb.jpg

only picture i got of the mounts was a blurry one of the welds

started on the gear box mount. but need to finish cutting the trans tunnel back out to get it sitting in right where i want it. engine sits as far as i possibly can get it. had to trim the lip on the crossmember back and tig it up along it just so the sump wouldnt rub against it.

started on getting the fuel lines hooked up to it but managed to get a metal splinter in my finger then rubbed my eye and it stuck in right above my pupil so been at the hospital on and off for a couple days getting that sorted out. pick up the new diff tomorrow. willl get that in next week. cut the drive shaft to suit it. and hook in and try and get it running within a few weeks.

also started on the coilovers got one cut down 40mm to suit the shocks i will be running. havnt started on the other.

post-16472-0-05544500-1385719710_thumb.jpg

post-16472-0-25000800-1385719805_thumb.jpg

thought i better finish the flare off before i put the diff in while its easier to work in there. i removed the flares. and cut bothe gaurds right up as close to the flare as possible leaving small tabs where the rivets are. i then decided it would be easier to cut the inner gaurd out and bend up some new sheeting and welding it in place giving it a nice clean fit over having hammered and welded up crap.

i didnt get very far only started on a small section this arvo right where my exhaust is.

post-16472-0-42069000-1386154578_thumb.jpg

post-16472-0-74357900-1386154604_thumb.jpg

doing it like this will also allow me to fully block of the section the exhaust goes through from any other part of the car aswell.

tig it in nice and flush and just needs trimming back a little to the shape of the guard and a couple more welds on the left of the panel. will come out alot neater in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

One manifold is almost done just have to cut a wedge out of some tube and weld it into place on one part.

Sits a little close to the balancer so have to heat and bend out just a fraction for a bit more room. Just cut the pipes off the old damaged pacemakers I had and welded on the pipework from the Buick setup.

post-16472-0-77586100-1387186220_thumb.jpg

post-16472-0-17860200-1387186471_thumb.jpg

I got a little grinder happy over the last few days.

Cut out front tubs. Removed fuel tank and cut out the wheel well in the boot.. Started to stich weld all the seams in the enginebay. Bit h of a job that is with a tig. The top sheet on thE strut towers just blows away even on real low ampsr so its tricky as shit to get the bottom layer pooling up and then a quick flick across and a dab of filler at the same time

• 4 months later...

been a fair while between posts.

not much has happened.

moved house in january and really only just got a chance to work on the car yesterday.

flares have been taken off the rear and moved to the front guards.

also cut flares off the spare guards i had and started to tig em up last night. ive gone about it a bit different to most.

since the front flares are mounted up higher for clearence with how low the car is i put the rear flares higher to match.

which resulted in them over lapping the door.

so rear doors are gonna be fully welded up and cars becoming somewhat of a two door.

post-16472-0-68617300-1398740779_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

havnt updated for a while.

car is half stripped back to metal for a decent paint, will be paint huffer micro rootbeer flake over a gold base. its over the top and not everyones taste but i love me some flake and flake its going to get.

post-16472-0-32934200-1405004314_thumb.jpg

engine is coming back out next week for a custom sump.

and yet again different engine mounts. the current ones are just going to eat away at bushing.