Another 4Age Ke20

crunk81us

Update.. I have got the wiring harness, fuel rail etc in and connected.

IMG_0465.jpg

I am fairly happy with the layout, only a few things i would do different next time.. The harness would look better.. meh.

Mounted the coil on a piece of angle on the valley cover bolt holes. Thinking I should earth it??

Edited by crunk81us

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

update..

just finished fuel system and wiring, and was testing the fuel pump.

'crank, 3 sec of pump..crank 3 sec pump and repeat 10 times'... and it just started, no cough,no splutter, and idled away.

still need extractors for the o2 sensor that i think is making it hesitate a bit when revved?

have some pics and vid to upload later. right now i am playing with my car a bit more :D

Nice work- you make it seem so easy... but I'm sure there is a lot of problem-solving in there beforehand.

haha no it is definately not easy, or fast. It helps that i understand circuit diagrams, and managed to find most of the info i needed beforehand) people on here have been helpful too.. thanks guys!

oh and my previous clutch woes were fixed with a new slave! works perfectly. Driving it seems so close now!

I have a 2 x standard open, 1x welded diff centres to use up, and 10+ stocko skinny rubber to destroy. I hope the diffs last the tyres out haha

After that.. i havent made plans.

I have seen a few combos, not sure on the right setup for me yet.

Ideally a strong but not too heavy lsd

extractors are my next hurdle to a proper test drive.

• Upvote 1

hey mate, ive got a ke20 with a 4a and i use a stock diff.. its lasted 3 months of abuse every day... if u don't use tyres over about a 185 it will last... Just weld the centre... needs a welded centre or spidergears explode.

the right diff to go in is a T series from an ae86 sprinter or a H165 DATSUN ute diff with the ae86 LSD centre ( fits in without much work read on datsun1200.com )

ae86 JDM brakes up the front pulls mine up nicely with a pajero mastercylinder too.. :)