June 22, 201214 yr comment_611562 Hi guys, Tried searching the forum for an answer but couldn't find it. My ke25 has a 2 spd toyoglide... its good if you want to cruise at 50km/h but i do drive on the highway and its not up to the task. What's another automatic gearbox that I could simply bolt straight up to the 5k with no mods required ?? Thanks Steve Report
June 22, 201214 yr comment_611588 My 5K came with a 3 speed GM gearbox. It looked way too chunky for the tunnel so it's sitting out in the rain. Fitted the old Toyoglide instead, what's wrong with 50km/h :lol: Report
June 22, 201214 yr Author comment_611672 Fitted the old Toyoglide instead, what's wrong with 50km/h :lol: Everything . :lmao: Come on guys! There has to be an auto box that will bolt straight up to the 5k Report
June 22, 201214 yr comment_611736 Dude I ran my toyoglide at 95kmhr with a 3k, every day. Once it was up to pace it was ok. Report
June 22, 201214 yr comment_611739 I had a 3sp auto behind my 4k, got it up to 150 haha. Was pretty tight. So yea, try a ke70 3 speed? 4000rpm at 110. Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_611744 I have a 3 speed auto out of a ksev pm if you are interested Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_611805 The 3 speed in question is the trimatic. It'll bolt up to the 5k, the only thing you might find is to change the torque converter to a different stall. And find a vacuum port on the carby for the kick down. Otherwise its all a bolt on swap. Edited June 23, 201214 yr by towe001 Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_611860 There's also a kr42 7k auto on eBay at the moment. Not cheap I think though Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now