July 7, 201214 yr comment_614010 Azzy_10, I didn't in my ke55 with gh sigma arms, still got heaps of thread to play with Report
July 9, 201214 yr comment_614350 Anyone got wheel alignment figures? My Corona arms on stock spring with one coil cut off gave me- Camber -15' (1/4deg negative) Toe in 2.2mm Castor 3deg Report
August 26, 201214 yr Author comment_623267 Cool finally got some he sigma arms, so to fit them its just grind down bushes and replace ball joints cause there stuffed? Report
September 20, 201214 yr comment_627911 Hey all, am looking around for some GE signma LCA for me ke55 if anyone has some or knows of a good wrecker in South East QLD. ive tried around and noone seems to have anything that old. Report
September 21, 201214 yr comment_627951 Fitting the longer LCAs will give you toeout. I didn't need longer tie rods for fitting XT130 LCAs onto a KE70, they just screwed out further. I'd work on keeping the amount of thread inside the balljoint & rack end at twice the tierod diameter minimum. If its shorter than that then get longer tie rods. Report
February 28, 201313 yr comment_648688 I'm not sure which Sigma models azzy, but the half a dozen Sigmas at the wreckers have a couple of different lengths. The steering arms are also in different lengths. We fitted the longer Sigma LCAs to the RA40 Celica with no hassle, just trim the inner bush length a tad. But then we had very little thread left in the Celica clamp-on steering arms, so after we did one rally on them I figured we would get some seamless tube and make longer ones. Sadly, no-one has a left-hand tap for threading the tube, so I headed back to the wrecker. The long Sigma steering arms are the same length as the Celica, the shorter ones very short. No manufacturer seems to make longer arms, it is easier to make the balljoint arm longer and run a short ajusting arm. 90% of everything is rack and pinion now also. I found the passenger's side steering arm on a Triton ute was 3mm longer, but they use locknut instead of clamps, so the overall unit becomes longer. They are being fitted now. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now