Lower Control Arm Length And Neg Camber

Dust03

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fitting the longer LCAs will give you toeout. I didn't need longer tie rods for fitting XT130 LCAs onto a KE70, they just screwed out further.

I'd work on keeping the amount of thread inside the balljoint & rack end at twice the tierod diameter minimum. If its shorter than that then get longer tie rods.

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure which Sigma models azzy, but the half a dozen Sigmas at the wreckers have a couple of different lengths. The steering arms are also in different lengths.

We fitted the longer Sigma LCAs to the RA40 Celica with no hassle, just trim the inner bush length a tad. But then we had very little thread left in the Celica clamp-on steering arms, so after we did one rally on them I figured we would get some seamless tube and make longer ones. Sadly, no-one has a left-hand tap for threading the tube, so I headed back to the wrecker.

The long Sigma steering arms are the same length as the Celica, the shorter ones very short. No manufacturer seems to make longer arms, it is easier to make the balljoint arm longer and run a short ajusting arm. 90% of everything is rack and pinion now also.

I found the passenger's side steering arm on a Triton ute was 3mm longer, but they use locknut instead of clamps, so the overall unit becomes longer. They are being fitted now.