Headlight Upgrade Info For Older Cars

styler

Members dont see this ad

A giant gain is made if you cut the stock headlight switch out of the circuit and run relays. The switch then just activates the relays and the power goes battery->bulb->relay->earth. It doubled our light output.

How I did it is here, but you might want to buy the $60 headlight relay rather than the little $10 pair I used and make it neater.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/

PS- Fitting a 100W bulb to the left-hand headlight only is a brilliant idea too!

Just to rectify some of your information there Mr. Altezza, the legal Kelvin rating for any globe in Australia is 4200K, 4300K is white light but also not ADR-approved.

The reason for this is the higher the kelvin rating, the bluer the light and the spectrum of light that is produced is not visible to the human eye and this is interpreted as less light on the road, it has nothing to do with blinding oncoming traffic.

I've dealt with selling headlight globes to the general public for the past 4 years.

Cheers

Mick

Yeah, I've never got into HIDs Raven, I'm too much of a cheapass. I grabbed an ordinary Navra 100/90 for the left-hand headlight when we first got the car because the lights were so bad, but it didn't help. That's when I realised the switching was the problem, so now the left-hand edge is very clear at night.

What are the LEDs that they are playing with like? I assume they emit a very clean & narrow range of wavelengths, so they just need to get the power up.

Thanks Raven, will ammend.

Yeah I think it must be only the HID blue/purple lights then that blind oncoming traffic, not std headlights with blue/purple globes.

Philbey

55/60W is the legal rated power of replacement globes, I know it would be so easy just to upgrade the power to 100/80W globes

but its just not allowed becuase its too bright or maybe its the extra power draw on the car or the heat generated in the housing.

Its _Audm_yo

55/60W bulbs have that power rating as stated and the gas just changes them to be whiter so they are all legal: +30 +50 +80 +100.

Edited by styler