Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Backyard Hillclimb +Ke70 4 The Kids Of Course

Featured Replies

SO WE GOT THE BOBCAT IN AND CLEARED A NICE TRACK,JUST running IT IN AT THE MOMENT....................,KE STRUGGLING FOR TRACTION BECAUSE ITS SO SOFT ,MAYBE I SHOULD WELD THE DIFF ,ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS APPRECIATED

post-16682-0-75399400-1342235467_thumb.jpg

 

post-16682-0-41941000-1342235010_thumb.jpg

MORE PICS TO COME

ALSO KE HAS NO EXHAUST CUT OFF AT FIREWALL,,,I RECKON IT SOUNDS GREAT ,NEIGHBOURS don't I'm SURE ,LOOKIN AT GETTING S OME SORT OF EXHAUST TO KEEP THE PIECE

ANY ADVICE ON WELDED DIFFAND PERFORMANCE FOR THE KE VERY WELCOME

post-16682-0-97051500-1342236434_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 39
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol- looks like great fun!

 

Grab the biggest hotdog muffler you can & take the exhaust out through the sill before the diff. That should be good enough if the neighbours are a fair distance away.

 

Welding the diff will help if it stays on gravel, and I assume it no longer goes on tarmac so grab a welding stick.

 

..and capslock key is just above 'shift'

Looks like so much fun!

  • Author

gets very steep here ,not a chance 2day in the sloppy conditions

post-16682-0-69643700-1342268067_thumb.jpg

 

 

 

old dam makes a great donut bowl,

can't wait to lock the diff

post-16682-0-02679100-1342268109_thumb.jpg

 

great fun spin the whole way up ,handbrake all the way down

post-16682-0-70455300-1342268254_thumb.jpg

I can't see how you can put up with it chopped at the firewall! Mine's at the firewall from extractors and it's rediculous. I'd have chopped at diff

 

But yeah weldy for sure! Will make a big difference, and you don't get as much of the negative effects like tramp etc on gravel

  • Author

I can't see how you can put up with it chopped at the firewall! Mine's at the firewall from extractors and it's rediculous. I'd have chopped at diff

 

But yeah weldy for sure! Will make a big difference, and you don't get as much of the negative effects like tramp etc on gravel

not my choice mate,was allready cut when i got it,tryin to source an exhaust at the moment if anyone has one. stock will do

lookin at options for the diff at the moment ,want it done propley (feedback appreciated on the diff)

Leave the exhaust and diff as they are in my opinion.

 

I reckon it's more fun have an open-wheel diff. All depends on how you are on the Clutch, and having the right momentary body-roll.

 

And the exhaust, it'd have more performance now, than if you were to add to it.

 

Sounds like good fun having a track and donut pad. All the best with it. :)

 

Josh :cool:

How can an open diff be more fun? You have to work harder..

 

As it's gravel you can do mad clutch dumps without as much mechanical strife, less load..

 

Also i doubt you'd break the stock diff on gravel either

  • Author

005-1.jpg

this section has hardly been touched can only get there in the dry its reall soft and fresh gunna take a while to smooth out

I would do the diff for sure.Then put 20 mm or more in the bottom control arms ,because it will push (under steer ) like a bitch

 

with just a locked diff.

 

rob

Yeah, lock the diff. Ditch the rear bar if you haven't already, and wind in the castor.

  • Author

thanks guys i thought lockin the diff might mess with handling a bit.its very drivable round there now even in the mud,understeer is definatly NOT your friend round here,i really just want the arse to kick out a little more and it would b perfect.,its been lowered in the back only,would standard springs and ditchin the rear sway bar help

thanks

Keep the rear way, thicken it even from a Celica at the wreckers.

 

Take the sway off the front completely with max camber and castor, you want roll on the front to give bite in the dirt, and a stiff rear end so it skates sideways easily.

 

With the locked diff it will want to plough straight ahead as you enter a corner, then the diff will kick the tail sideways once you've got the nose turning. Undesteer in, oversteer out.

I had hard lowered springs in the back of mine to start. I think they were chopped falcon or something like that. Far too hard. Tried it on a wet slidey course and it sucked big time. Spent most of the day just trying to keep it straight. Switched to sprinter springs and the different was night and day. Much more fun, faster and more drive-able.

 

I find the locker in mine is very easy to drive and don't notice a whole lot of understeer. These are fairly light cars without a hell of a lot of power, which probably helps. For what you want, I think it's the ticket.

Are you sure altezza? That's completely contrary to anything I've ever heard/seen done?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.