Weber Overflow.

GJM85

Running a 32/36 dgv on the 5k with stock fuel pump and with in 5 seconds of firing up the carby starts overflowing. Fuel pours in like Iron Man Food at breakfast time.

Even after you turn that shit off, fuel continues to drain into the manifold beacause the carb is so full. I'm thinking needle and seat. Could I need a fuel reg?

Members dont see this ad

don't need a fuel reg. remove the top of the carby and check how much fuel is in the bowl. then check the needle and seat sealing. normally if you turn the top upside down there shouldnt be fuel pissing out.

The float that controls the needle and seat might be out of adjustment.

its the float, floating in the fuel, that controls when the needle and seat opens to keep the level in the carby at the right level etc. its a mechanical closed loop system.

If the float doesnt float i don't belive the needle and seat will close....and flood your carby as stated.

Of course anything else that keeps the needle and seat open will cause the same, ie bit of dirt.

I gave it a once over when I first got it and have only just got around to putting it on. The needle and seat looked ok. I'll pull it back off tomorrow and see what I can see. I have the feeling the float is ʞ©$ɟed.

• 2 months later...

The problem still plagues me randomly. Needle and seat is brand spanking. Usually this isn't a problem but it randomly starts loading up with fuel at idle. Its been doing this afternoon. I pulled the top off the weber and everything is as it should be. Put it back on and seems all good. Then an hour later starts happening again. ʞ©$ɟing annoying.

Check the hinge on the float. The vibration at idle is making the needle stick somewhere, mayb the float jams and doesn't push it shut.

Did you crank it over with the needle out to flush the line?

Fuel line pressure? I don't know if you need a regulator to drop the pressure with a 32/36, but DCOEs and SUs both use them.

I've had that with DCOEs and can't remember any particular problem causing it. SUs can do the same, I had to bang the back one with a coke can years ago on my Datsun for a year or so... Every month or two it would just flood.