Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1975 Ke30 Honda F20C Conversion

Featured Replies

  • Author

Also I have a 7 inch screen getting installed in the tunnel for back seat passengers, as the angle the dash sits means no one but the driver will see the screen.

The whole car is being seem welded while away as my uncle said it would only take him half an hour to smash welds down all the joins.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 447.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • So my "work truck" corolla blew a head gasket, and I haven't had much time to do the s2krolla. The head gasket and electrical problems on the other rolla now solved/ fixed so I can continue work on th

  • Plastic welded together to make right shape         start for fibre glassing job     whole facia shaped and brackets made for radio and gauge cluster.     switches fitted for air

  • Darthleeweed
    Darthleeweed

    Good Job Macca keep at it :)

Posted Images

  • Author

Ive picked up three brand new magnaflow muffler in the last 2 months for $270.

Seeing as they have been so cheap I am putting one on the stock ke30 as well as its muffler has rusted through.

don't quite fit undercar but ill make it work :-)

post-16294-0-82025400-1401705330_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-10771600-1401705403_thumb.jpg

my uncle said it would only take him half an hour to smash welds down all the joins.

 

I wish! Seams in old cars are full of oil and dirt and shit, never mind the filler and the paint. It takes ages with a wire brush cleaning up as you go and the crap stops the weld melting in properly, not to mention the toxic fumes.

 

Look after him, you're lucky to have an uncle who volunteers for that sort of thing!

 

Lol those mufflers are gigantic!

  • Author

Yeah. Mate. I already cleaned and wire brushed all the seems... hes just gotta quickly hit them with a wire brush to knock off the surface rust and smash a bead down them. I'm still paying him just at mates rates :-) haha.

Hes so keen to fo it as he bough all these machines back in the day but hasnt used them for soo long. So hes happy to be able to get back into welding and get his skill level back up again. What better a way then a car that sorta falls in your lap :-)

Edited by maccat01

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Things have slowed down quite a bit with the car being away getting welding done.

Finished the spare wheel well sub box and have bought all the parts i need to finish the car minus the coilovers, tyres, carpet, rubber door seals and tailshaft.

So when car is back i will 2pac under the bonnet and the interior. I will be stone guarding the underside of the car and I will then be able to start putting all the parts together. I will now be painting the engine and gearbox hugger orange as polishing everything aluminium is a painful bo ring task and I'm over it.

 

post-16294-0-10742400-1406256585_thumb.jpg

post-16294-0-71510400-1406256625_thumb.jpg

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Hello all.

 

Have recently sent my xt130 spindles off to the wizards at shockworks in Monbulk Victoria.

Its an odd setup but I will explain now :-)

 

I have purchase a set of Ae86 coilovers from them.

The front end is getting the Ae86 adjustable coilovers with a 6kg spring, ke70 internal valving and is being topped by a s13 silvia adjustable camber top (as they almost fit directly into the ke30 three bolts tops ;-) ). 35mm roll centre adjusters are also being used as the car has been lowered 3 inch ( mistake on my part, but I don't want to get rear springs reset again).

 

For the rear I am sticking with the leaf springs but they have been reset 2 inches lower and have had a "anti tramp" leaf fitted to the top of the spring pack.

I will be using the rear ae86 shock from the coilover kit, minus the coilspring and spring seat, as early (I think) Ae86 came with a separate shock and rear spring.

 

Have purchased new ball joints and now all that is need for the suspension is caster rods.... Now I know the adjustable ones are a wank, but I'm not planning on building another car anytime soon so will purchase some and go all out. I am open to charity if anybody has some cheap or free ;-)

 

Got some ZMA Suzuki Quasar Grey to paint my wheels, grille and small bits. Was planning on painting the whole car in this colour, but my wifes car is already this colour and is a bitch to keep clean and scratch free.

Will post some pics when the coilover porn gets back from shockworks and will post some more of the body when tI get sent some.

  • Author

Some pics of progress. They are older pics but shows where I have cut out the front panel and the front most corner chassis braces to fit the radiator.

Excuse the shit welding on the seems, as it has all been redone a million times better :)

 

post-16294-0-96688400-1409194618_thumb.jpg

post-16294-0-72143200-1409194632_thumb.jpg

post-16294-0-92667200-1409194645_thumb.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

My shockworks coilovers have arrived. Also splashed out on a koyorad hypercore radiator.

 

post-16294-0-11370100-1410960294_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-85224300-1410960356_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-23819300-1410960449_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-85895700-1410960541_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-46666600-1410960604_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-38498100-1410960677_thumb.jpg

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Skyline GTR wheels ended up not fitting due to the coilovers being too thick.

 

So bought the last set of Performance superlites available in Australia since the company closed down in DEC 2014.

 

I purchased two 14x6 +24 off set and four 14x8 -4 offset. The 14x6 ended up hitting my front calipers so a 3mm spacer would be needed, or i might just run the 14x8 all round and have a workout ever time i change direction in a parkpark.....

 

 

 

post-16294-0-65340500-1421190117_thumb.jpg

Edited by maccat01

  • Author

I purchased an old ta22 brake booster to refurb, as running the s2000 booster would not let me run a standard toyota clutch master cylinder.

 

The daily drive rolla has also had work done on it. A fully recoed 3k and two speed, guards taken off to fix the rust under the dash and the boot lock has been deleted due to some prick prying my old lock out :-(

 

post-16294-0-50374100-1421190540_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-82549500-1421190620_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-98703200-1421190605_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Here is my spot lights mounted in the indicator/ parker spaces.

Welded a stud into the bar so i don't need to drill more holes in the bumper.

 

post-16294-0-87586900-1421634689_thumb.jpg

Looking good. Will be good to see the final product :D

  • Author

Bumper finished :D now off to chrome plater

 

post-16294-0-89122100-1421883149_thumb.jpg

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Hello All.

 

Nothing much happening to the F20C rollabut have been slowly restoring my daily driver due to rust.

Rust is fixed, boot lock has been deleted and a ke70 boot latch has been fitted along with an ae92 boot cable and popper.

I have installed "NEW" (NOS) Blaupunkt velocity components and 5x7s and a blaupunkt 5 channel amp and my pioneer sub.

Just need to get a new seat of window rubbers and door seals as they are stuffed and leaking into the boot :-(

Pics will follow Soon

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.